Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

I Love Fairview FD Ladder 1!

37 posts in this topic

post-4680-1203835396.jpg

Here Is some More Mack Love.....This Historic Tower Ladder 43 Of The Darien Fire Department

Credit to Nutty1 for the Photo

NOT MY FAVORITE AT ALL, WE NEED A NEW ONE BADLY. A TRUE TRUCK FELLAS, NO PUMP.... LOL

32-46 AT AN AUTO ACCIDENT TAFT AVE AND WEST BOUND ARTERIAL.

post-4288-1203864871.jpg

post-4288-1203865060.jpg

Edited by x134

what no love for rockland trucks :angry:

All kinds of love for this Rockland Truck! Speaking of Waterbury being like Poughkeepsie (sp) or Beacon. This tower was basically taken from the Waterbury specs. When looking at new towers we actually looked at PFD T2, Fairview's TL as well as the Peirce in Hillcrest, Valhalla's ALF and many more.

post-2764-1203867692.jpg

post-2764-1203867743.jpg

All kinds of love for this Rockland Truck! Speaking of Waterbury being like Poughkeepsie (sp) or Beacon. This tower was basically taken from the Waterbury specs. When looking at new towers we actually looked at PFD T2, Fairview's TL as well as the Peirce in Hillcrest, Valhalla's ALF and many more.

Love the black over red, looks great.

Edited by x134

Can you open the bucket on Purchase's tower ladder? Looks like a solid bucket, sharp looking rig. Also on that second picture of Rockland Truck/Tower 3 is that completely short jacked or is that just the way the picture looks? I know you can override but how far can the jack to the opposite of the working side be in for the rig to let you move the boom?

Can you open the bucket on Purchase's tower ladder? Looks like a solid bucket, sharp looking rig. Also on that second picture of Rockland Truck/Tower 3 is that completely short jacked or is that just the way the picture looks? I know you can override but how far can the jack to the opposite of the working side be in for the rig to let you move the boom?

Rockland Tower 3 is fully short jacked in that pic. It will allow pretty much full operation off the center line toward the jacked side, but will not allow any movement toward the shortjacked side. I hope that's what you were looking for. The picture was taken during the initial training conducted by Lt. Mike Wilbur of FDNY. The top picture was not training!

Edited by antiquefirelt

Rockland Tower 3 is fully short jacked in that pic. It will allow pretty much full operation off the center line toward the jacked side, but will not allow any movement toward the shortjacked side. I hope that's what you were looking for. The picture was taken during the initial training conducted by Lt. Mike Wilbur of FDNY. The top picture was not training!

That's one nice thing about LTI/LaFrance ladders/towers. We have a 110' rearmount straight stick in Middlebury, and it is very easy to short jack, and operate short-jacked. Obviousy not the recommended way to operate, but it works in a pinch, with a good operator.