Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LFD171

Fairview New Firehouse Vote

6 posts in this topic

According to today's journal news Legal notices, Fairview Fire District (Westchester) will be holding a vote on 3/28/08 to approve an addition to fire headquarters and a completely new building for station 2.

Good Luck to FFD with the vote.

Fairview FD DEFINETLY needs the space! VERY long overdue!! I'm glad to hear Station 2 will be an entirely new building- that's the right way to do things. IMO, Station 1 should have a completly new building as well, but hopefully the addition will allow for more room in the bays.

Hopefully the bond will go through.....and the ridiculous $30 million library bond that they approved coupled with the 19.2% raise in Greenburgh taxes won't affect things.

good luck fairview hope it works out for you all.

Cool that the presentation is online!

I'm shocked and dissapointed though about who Fairview chose to design the projects and manage the construction, especially after all the serious blunders in a neighboring jurisdiction. Someone had wool pulled over their eyes!! If I was a taxpayer in Fairview, I'd completly support this project. HOWEVER, I'd vote NO based on who was hired to do the project. If I was a taxpayer, I know I'd want a firm that hires qualified, experienced contractors with a proved good record. I know they won't be Union contractors either, which I find suprising given how pro-union Fairview FD members are. I'd also want someone who specializes in designing firehouses to do the project. I am also worried now about the safety of the firefighters in Fairvew after what happened to me. I can not believe Fairview went with them. I hope the IAFF Local 1586 makes sure they maintain a SAFE worksite!!! Also, I hope that if the Fairview Chief or Commisoners are warned beforehand about an unsafe condition, that they take action about it IMMEDIATELY instead of ignoring it. Also, it's great that the details of the project are online, but I hope the ENTIRE project remains transparent, and not cloaked in secrecy to cover up serious mistakes by both the commisioners or contractors, like has happened in other jurisdictions. I wish I could attend these meetings!!!

Heck, if it wasn't for them (coupled with certain goverment officials assigned to oversee the project), I'd probaly still be a firefighter!!!

I think that ALL firehouse projects should be build by DEDICATED firehouse architects and construction managers, who know about the unique needs of building a firehouse. After all, you don't go to a heart doctor for problems with your brain.

Also, I'm suprised a "modular pre-fab" firehouse for Station 2 is being considered.

Good luck with a SAFE, On-time, On-Budget QUALITY project and end product....you'll need it!!!

i have to agree with you on who they picked the same as the tmfd and hfd they should lok at sullivan associates out of vallhalla like the tmfd and ardsley didi they are real good