Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ldrco195

No Escape For Tethered Teen

13 posts in this topic

from www.firegeezer.com

No Escape For Tethered Teen

WHEN FIREFIGHTERS IN CENTREVILLE, MICHIGAN, ARRIVED on the scene of a blazing house fire Wednesday morning, they were met by a woman out front who told them that her 16-yr.-old daughter was in an upstairs bedroom.

The FF’s immediately raised a ladder to the bedroom window, but the fire was so intense that they couldn’t make an entry.

tether_a_gazette_cleaver.jpg

tether_b_gazette_campbell.jpg

Firegeezer adds: I’ll bet you’ve never considered the possibility that, while doing a primary search, you’d come across somebody who was chained to the bed. File this one away in the cranial databank.
Edited by ldrco195

Alright, that is just plain NUTS!!!! Read the whole story and the comments, so far IMO the parents should be hung and stoned and burned alive!

after 17 years in the fire service you think of alot of the weird and unusual things you could see, i could not imagine doing this to my child. i guess because i am a normal individual that love my children..

anyways..

So with the above story, will this make you think differently about the tools you may take with you in your search?

What if it was steel chain and not plastic zip ties which would be short work w/ a halligan.

What if the occupant is BOLTED to the floor with chains.

Both of would pose a serious challenge to any truck search crew and create a serious committment of resources to accomplish the task.. calling in another crew with cut off saw.. calling for an scba for the victim.. the list goes on..

Give this some good thought... i have been in a number of nursing homes to see elderly individuals tied down due to severe dimenia issues..

This is just outright wrong. Do you have no heart to do such a thing. The whole thing is just sick and obserd.

Investigators are saying that Calista had been laying in her bed for at least three days prior to the fire.

That should sum it up for the judge when he sends the parents to jail for a lifetime or 2. Why didn't the father simply lock the door if she was always trying to leave the house? Could be locked from out side the door and maybe they build a bathroom for her in the room. problem solved and no dead child. this couple makes me sick.

I feel for those firefighters. It seems they did everything they could have - and a young girl died through no good reason.

i heard of something like this also happening in Germany although with a happier ending. Also a little bit of a different story that went with it. A visiting businessman employed one of the "ladies of the night" and was tied up to the bed. A fire broke out in the hotel, and when searching the building the firefighters came across that exact same type of thing. disgusting either way.

At first, I thought the same thing that the guy in the first comment had said, about not knowing the full story and any of the specifics. But than I thought to myself...it was only the closet burning, why didnt the step-mother try and go upstairs and unlock the girl????? She would have had plenty of time to get her out...Its SAD. You need a license to fish, drive, hunt....but anyone can have a child. Think its time for a change? :angry:

My heart goes out to the brothers/sisters that tried to save her. :(

Moose

At first, I thought the same thing that the guy in the first comment had said, about not knowing the full story and any of the specifics. But than I thought to myself...it was only the closet burning, why didnt the step-mother try and go upstairs and unlock the girl????? She would have had plenty of time to get her out...Its SAD. You need a license to fish, drive, hunt....but anyone can have a child. Think its time for a change? :angry:

My heart goes out to the brothers/sisters that tried to save her. :(

Moose

Ditto Ditto Ditto!

I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Those parents are a couple of sick f%$#%s. They deserve the same treatment.

I cant imaging doing a search and coming across something like that. I can understand a person in restraints, but those usually have velcro or button closures that can easily be undone.

editted for language, almost dropped the f bomb.

Edited by grumpyff

WOW!!!!!!!! This would be a good case of an eye for an eye IMO