Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Future Fireman

Easy forced entry

8 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has been discussed, but it seems a simple way to force entry. Now, if you all knew this stuff before and I'm totally oblivious to it, please smack me upside the head. :rolleyes:

Mike

That method only works with outward swinging doors that have the panic bar on the other side, Just a note. Basically you are forcing the halligan in to be able to pull the inside bar.

Interesting method but I'm pretty sure we could have pulled the pins on the exposed hinges much quicker, or cut them for that matter.

Great method and a good drill. The hinge pins will be spot welded as to prevent a break in. If there not that would be great. If you happen to be carrying a saw with an aluminum oxide blade there is another method similar to the one shown. Or you might be able to attack the hinges. Hopefully the owner doesn't have the door chained from the inside.

Explosive entry is the way to go!!!!

Intresting, I have never seen anything like that before.

Halligan rules for forcibile entry,agree a saw probably woul have been useful to cut either the hinges or around the lock mechanism

Edited by E58RET

or use the saw to just cut a triangle about where the panic bar would be and reach your hand in and pull it.