Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R1SmokeEater

Photos - Mt. Vernon Fire Scene - 1992

20 posts in this topic

Not sure of the date, or location- Fire in about 8-rowframe dwellings. Anyone with the info on it ?

- MV Ladder-3, Rescue-1 & Yonkers Ladder-73 in front ..............

post-182-1205092412.jpg

Edited by TR54

I know that that is the 400 block of South 7th Avenue, but don't know the date, but I'll guess about 1993.

Edited by 20y2

If I am not mistaking it started from a molotov cocktail, a former police detective lived there then went onto become police commish.

I'm pretty sure this is not the fire bombing I worked OT on this and it started in the 2nd. from left building, DC Jack Mazz had this, the firebombing was in 1990, ice all over and only 1 building fully destroyed.

Of course I could be wrong on the block , I always thought this job started on 8th. Ave. dont remember to well , getting old.

Ya I looked again at the pics and its not the firebombing, its the job Im talking about but on 7th.

Edited by jloftus

Thanx jloftus, I was pretty sure the link to my previous pix was the firebombing.

Another..................

post-182-1205109471.jpg

R1Smokeeater, my lil' buddy...nice pics, but I am pretty sure these are technically not "rowframes"..I'm surprised noone has pointed this out yet, as some of you seem to be pretty knowledgeable...

So, a question...who knows the diff between "rowframes" and a row of frames???

Gee, this buff stuff is kind of fun!

Maybe somebody could answer this? where the H(ll is our other 2 trucks, back then we ran 3-trucks, L-3 first due in front??, 73- in front, New Rochelle in rear, I cant understand where snorkel 1 or ladder 2 ( tiller )is.

at least one of them should have been in front. Ladder3 came out of fulton and would have been the 2nd in truck, God im old and confussed.

Edited by jloftus

R1Smokeeater, my lil' buddy...nice pics, but I am pretty sure these are technically not "rowframes"..I'm surprised noone has pointed this out yet, as some of you seem to be pretty knowledgeable...

So, a question...who knows the diff between "rowframes" and a row of frames???

Gee, this buff stuff is kind of fun!

-AHA ! Sorry, just post what's on the back of pix (without totally checking)- Lucky I find the time to do even that these days................. ;)

Question to anyone who was there, why does the rescue have the front of the building? Is that SOP or what?

I'm taking a stab in the dark here to JFlynn's question.

Row of Frames:

A group of frame dwellings grouped closely together.

Rowframe houses:

Conjoined structures, such as 20x40 dwellings which are actually just one building of 200x40 dimensions.

If I'm not mistakin, the rescue was parked 2-3 homes away from original fire bldg. Guess it spread? lol