Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LT Jimmy Curran Annual Seminar-F.D.N.Y.

7 posts in this topic

Lt.Jimmy Curran Annual Seminar-F.D.N.Y

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Annual Lt. Jimmy Curran Memorial Seminar

Saturday, April 12th 2008

10 am to 3:30pm

F.D.N.Y Bureau of Training- "The Rock"

Randalls Island, New York City

Presenters:

Captain Robert Morris: F.D.N.Y Rescue Co.1

-Forcible Entry Techniques-

Lt. Tom Donnelly: F.D.N.Y Rescue Co. 1

-Rescue Company Operation's Overview-

Chief Stephan Geraghty: Chief of F.D.N.Y Fire Academy

and

Chief Peter Hart: F.D.N.Y Division 7

-Private Dwelling Fires: Engine & Truck Company Operations-

All Proceeds Benefit The New York Firefighters Burn Center Foundation

$25.00 donation at the door; no pre-registration requiered. Includes Coffee, Doughnuts and Lunch

It's nice to see this seminar series getting off the ground again. Thanks to all those involved in this.

is there a class size limit? and do you chosse who u want to sit thorugh and listen or you get to see all of the presenters?

is there a class size limit? and do you chosse who u want to sit thorugh and listen or you get to see all of the presenters?

You can chhose to sit through all of the sessions or just sit through the ones you want. It is done at Randall's Island the FDNY Training Academy. There is room for plenty. WELL WORTH the money!

I used to go to these things when they did them regularly many years ago. I can tell you that they are ABSOLUTELY worth the $25 donation and that is a real bargain for what you get, and...the price didn't even go up since the last ones! Anyone who has time to attend will be really happy they did. No worries about space, they always packed in and never turned anyone away. The significance for me was hearing many 9-11 heroes speak and present before they were taken from us on that dreadful day.

Plus, I can vouch for Captain Bob Morris' forcible entry presentation, you wont get a better one ANYWHERE.

Joe C.

Don't forget about the FDNY training videos they sell. Well worth the money also. Cheap, short and to the point.

all i know we went to last years and it was great this years sould be better ?? i know my dept will be going

to the seminar :lol: