Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Photos: What Should We Do?

11 posts in this topic

As many of you know, it's very time consuming for me to post custom photo spreads for EMTBravo.com using member submitted photos.

I was thinking of going to a forum-based photo posting format. Members would post their photos in a topic. I would link on the main page to particular threads. Also, I would post links to member's personal galleries of specific photos, like I do with OTJNY and several other sites.

But, would the above make EMTBravo.com obsolete?

The feature photo would remain the same, and I would still openly solicit everyone to submit a current photo for consideration.

Thoughts? Input is appreciated!

Not sure how well it would work out for photos I take. I have never quite figured out how to post a photo myself on the forum. I'm not computer illiterate, but when it comes to that, I'm not very good. I could be taught however.

Matt

Hey Seth... I've had lots of photos I've wanted to submit. If there was somehow a Forum-Front Site integration for photos, that would be awesome! That was why I came to Bravo in the first place, another venue for my photos. I don't think it would make the front page obsolete, I think it would attract more people.

If an integration like that isn't perfect, what about having open photo calls and delegating the task to some of the new forum staff to sift through them? Or perhaps a weekly or monthly photo feature?

I think it's a great idea, it would certainly get me more enthused about Bravo. Good luck!

-Joe DA BUFF

I can't even remember when the last time I went to the ".com" was. It has become so cluttered, and it rarely has any new photos on it. I feel your pain though, updating and changing photos is very time consuming. I think if you had more to offer on the .com, like photos or even videos, then it would be more appealing. But again, the front page of it all is way too busy and probably steers people away from it.

A suggestion... perhaps put a link at the top for all of the EMTBravo affiliate sites with a drop down menu? Maybe do something similar with all of the sponsors?

I don't have any answers, but would help if you wanted.

Lets try to have pics and vids that are educational to the fire , police and ems communities. like every couple weeks put out some pics and vids that pertain to a topic in one of those fields, then open up a thread on herem, or any other forum for discussion on them, so we as a whole can learn and train.

that's the best I can come with at this hour.

sr71

I can't even remember when the last time I went to the ".com" was. It has become so cluttered, and it rarely has any new photos on it.

Ditto K

Maybe looking at doing something flickr and have people upload photos there and tagging them for EMTBRAVO. There might be a few flickr tools that you can also use to intergrate something into .com page.

I think a portal link to a members photo album area might be a great idea to look into.

We would need some ground rules, like the photos have to be the property of the poster, or copyright permissions have been obtained, etc.

( We can dial all that stuff in later, no need to discuss that here B) )

Seth,

I goto the .com everytime I log in. Maybe if you had a photo admin/editor? Someone who would volunteer to handle the photo side of the site. You set up an email photos@emtbravo.com or something and give that admin access to it. You get vol to Mod and do live support I am sure a qualifed Vol would step up to handle photos. This way they would be updated more often. They could also keep the .com a little more "cleaned up" archive the old photos at the end of the week instead of them sitting there for a few months, changing the Photo of the DAY (featured photo), etc. If you ask people to just put them in a thread it could lead to a big mess. IMO.

CAM

Seth,

I goto the .com everytime I log in. Maybe if you had a photo admin/editor? Someone who would volunteer to handle the photo side of the site. You set up an email photos@emtbravo.com or something and give that admin access to it. You get vol to Mod and do live support I am sure a qualifed Vol would step up to handle photos. This way they would be updated more often. They could also keep the .com a little more "cleaned up" archive the old photos at the end of the week instead of them sitting there for a few months, changing the Photo of the DAY (featured photo), etc. If you ask people to just put them in a thread it could lead to a big mess. IMO.

CAM

I like your idea......I think I am going to develop it.......thanks!

And thanks to all the other members for the input!

I like your idea......I think I am going to develop it.......thanks!

And thanks to all the other members for the input!

Anytime...thanks for all the hard work.