Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Megabus.com plans to offer $1 fare between New York and Boston

9 posts in this topic

There's got to be something more to this........

Megabus.com plans to offer $1 fare between New York and Boston

NEW YORK (AP) - Megabus.com intends to become the latest bus line to begin offering $1 fares for travel between New York and Boston.

FULL STORY: http://www.lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../NEWS/803250395

I just bought a ticket from NY - Wash DC for 1 dollar for 3/27/08 with BOLTBUS

Hopefully these buses are safer than the Fung Wah busses out of Chinatown.

That's what I was thinking when I read the article. Those bus companies are SCARY, and have been involved in NUMEROUS serious incidents due to neglect of their fleet and not training and overworking drivers.

But this company seems like a bigger operation. The article says they are affiliated with CoachUSA, which is a major operation that has bought and destroyed much of the competition. I wonder if this is just a publicity stunt, and if the fares will go up? I can't imagine they are making a profit, especially with fuel costs. They must charge for baggage, etc...maybe even carry cargo.

I just don't understand....dadbo46, any insight?

The article states this "Tickets will start at $1 a fare. Prices rise as the departure date approaches" So now the chances of getting a dollar fare maybe slimer.

$1 fares from NY to DC as well through Bolt Bus. I was actually able to find a few $1 fairs. Also pretty neat: they offer free wifi on the bus.

Hopefully these buses are safer than the Fung Wah busses out of Chinatown.

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.jsp?s...1&aid=62338

What about that rollover that happened in MY neck of the woods involving the FW bus company? Some of those bus companies are pretty shady.

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

Obviously this is a marketing campgain.

The price of diesel is over $ 3 p/gal, insurance is up, labor is up and don't even ask about the cost for buses.

This is an attempt to capture market.

But, knowing Coach's history, kick the tires, check for a valid DOT sticker on the front windshield and observe the driver and make sure you feel safe boarding the bus.