Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Recession / Depression Arson fires on the way?

10 posts in this topic

As we enter this Recession / Depression mode of the economy, foreclosures adding up, people loosing their homes are we getting to the point where there will be a rise in arson fires again? Lets watch out for it and stay safe.

As we enter this Recession / Depression mode of the economy, foreclosures adding up, people loosing their homes are we getting to the point where there will be a rise in arson fires again? Lets watch out for it and stay safe.

I believe what you ask has merit and not just limited to arson. Crime will no doubt increase as people get desperate.

I agree .I don't think it will be limited to just arson but in general overall. Those Mc Mansions will burn fast no doubt

Edited by tdc202

You can already see it in Connecticut, at least 8 bank robberies in the past month or so.

We are so far from the social and economic conditions of the 70's and early 80's. We're only now approaching the economic losses after the tech collapse in 2001/2002. I wouldn't get too hyped up waiting for urban blight to set in.

Edited by ny10570

I know it happens, but... one of the first things you look into, after you suspect arson, in a "suspicious" fire is the owners financial/foreclosure/credit history,on the property and sometimes insurance will hold up on paying for any losses in damage, the insurance companys are getting smarter and will also send out there own investigator to help build there own case. But, I do agree, because people will do anything, and not think with a level head when they are depressed.

I think we may see a few hot spots, for lack of a better term. But, I don't see it getting to the point that it did back then. Not enough to burn, etc.

I dont beleive that we are at the point in the economy where there is going to be a huge number of arsons yet. However we may soon be getting to that point. The fact that there is such advanced ways to determine fire cause and origin I do not beleive will deter people from committing arson if there mind is set on it. It wasnt that long ago that the state had to put together an arson task force because of all the fires in Utica.