Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

Scarsdale- House Explosion 4/3

16 posts in this topic

Pics soon. Good video on News 12 starting at 5PM.

Pics soon. Good video on News 12 starting at 5PM.

ill be lookin for it

About 20 minutes into the job, before the second half of the house came down. Hartsdale's first line is operating at the bottom left. This is the back of the house.

IMG_6130.jpg

Looks like a master stream operation to me......

Looks like a master stream operation to me......

HFD E-170 stretched and operated that 2 1/2 and backed it up with a Stang gun fed by a 4 inch line while encountering water issue with the lack of flow of the hydrant.

Edited by HFD23

I thought I heard Eastchester operating there as well?

I thought I heard Eastchester operating there as well?

eastchester hartsdale scarsdale and possible others were taking a hazmatt tech refresher about 3 blocks away at crossway fire house.

all 3 responded today, EFD from what i understand took their Squad 5 Bus. and Car 2102 responded

also last fri during this class it was HFD SFD WPFD and NRFD and scarsdale had a fire on winslow HFD E-169 responded as F.A.S.T. with SFD 2431, 33, E-55, 56 57 Tl-29 and SVAC

News 12 started using the aforementioned video at 10 last night. It's running all day today. You can see the heavy fire and the house collapse.

Does anyne know if they have determined the cause of the explosion. Looks like the first due assignment sure had their hands full. Noticed there was a coment about poor water supply from a hydrant , was this just a bad hydrant of did it malfunction. Just curious.

It's going to take another day or so to get all the pics up on OTJNY, so here's a few in the meantime.

IMG_6132.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

eastchester hartsdale scarsdale and possible others were taking a hazmatt tech refresher about 3 blocks away at crossway fire house.

all 3 responded today, EFD from what i understand took their Squad 5 Bus. and Car 2102 responded

also last fri during this class it was HFD SFD WPFD and NRFD and scarsdale had a fire on winslow HFD E-169 responded as F.A.S.T. with SFD 2431, 33, E-55, 56 57 Tl-29 and SVAC

was that why Hartsdale was there? Why wasn't New Roe called in? Do they just go down a list when they call for MA? Location for that alarm sounded like New Roe and Maybe WPFD Eng 65 may have been closer.

was that why Hartsdale was there? Why wasn't New Roe called in? Do they just go down a list when they call for MA? Location for that alarm sounded like New Roe and Maybe WPFD Eng 65 may have been closer.

HFD & EFD were in SFD's Crossway Firehouse 3 blocks from the scene, training. They were on-scene in under 1 min from the time of the explosion.

NR & WP were not in Scarsdale, so they were not closer

I believe Hartsdale responds to Scarsdale as a FAST unit. But in this case, as was already said, Hartsdale, Scarsdale and Eastchester were training right around the corner.

Also, what is Scarsdale's staffing? 3 Engines, 1 Truck and the car?

Edited by 23piraf

Does anyne know if they have determined the cause of the explosion. Looks like the first due assignment sure had their hands full. Noticed there was a coment about poor water supply from a hydrant , was this just a bad hydrant of did it malfunction. Just curious.

Does anyone have the answers to these questions I am interested myself?