Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

CF MACK

52 posts in this topic

Early Mack CF

If you scroll down to close to the bottom of the page, you will find an Early Mack CF from Weymouth (MA?). Right above that you will see a Mack C from Valhalla and several other Macks at the Kensico Dam.

Here's a photo of the two versions of the F cab. the CF was made from the day cab on the bottom.

post-289-1210114358.jpg

Is it just me, or does it seem like something is missing if there isn't a siren or oscillating light on the grill of the CF???

E138 was refurbished prior to me getting to GBFD. I spoke to one of our ex-chiefs last night on this subject. It was refurbished out of necessity due to severe wear and tear on the compartments I was told.

Thank you for the clarification on "CF"!

E138 was refurbished prior to me getting to GBFD. I spoke to one of our ex-chiefs last night on this subject. It was refurbished out of necessity due to severe wear and tear on the compartments I was told.

E138 is in no doubt a beautifull rig, what year is it......did he say why they refubed with square box(COST)?

E138 is a 1968. I *believe* it was refurbished in 1988. He reads this forum..maybe he will come out of lurking to post here.

Is it just me, or does it seem like something is missing if there isn't a siren or oscillating light on the grill of the CF???

I agree, definitely the Mack CF needs either a 2QB, electronic siren speaker, oscilaser, Mars 888 or a set of numbers dead center to make it look good. Without them, its bear looking.

AND NO ROTO-RAY WOULD LOOK GOOD THERE!!!!!!! (I had to say it :P)

breezly,

Yes we did it out of necessity. As I said the compartments were so rusted out that we put plywood on the floor so the equipment wouldn't fall out. When we had it refurbed it was decided to fashion it in such a way to better serve our needs at the time and that is why it's not dead on original. It originally had an unpainted grill and an ugly light green interior. Rumor was this truck was destined for FDNY, although I can't confirm that. Old Engine 140 was a 1965 Mack with a Cincinati cab. It now resides in Red Hills Alabama.

RE: Engines 138 (GB) and 102 (Mt. Kisco).....all I can say is: :wub:

How's that line go? "All it takes is a dollar and a dream". Something like that.

wisi had a garage big enuf 102 would have a home for a while....there is something about a truck when it was the one you road to your first call on

RE: Engines 138 (GB) and 102 (Mt. Kisco).....all I can say is: :wub:

How's that line go? "All it takes is a dollar and a dream". Something like that.

thanks for the compliments on the mack from mt. kisco. i realy wish we had our 70 cf though.

I Think Peekskil NY. Old Engine 130 Is A CF. Mack Pumper. I Do Not Know What Year It Is. Here Is A Photo I Have Of It Befor It Was Restore

post-18279-1250537125.jpg

As per firehouse.com Pelham Manor has refurbed TL-3 so thats one less mack :(

Here Is a pic of the Old E-130 from Peekskill fire dept after refurb

post-16019-1256174458.jpg

Also one more if /when the Mack scope from MT Vernon is gone!

Edited by PCFD ENG58

Doesn't Yonkers have a Mack/Baker on loan (Tower Ladder 77) to Pelham Manor?

Former Engine 62 that PCFD ENG58 is referring to in the first post of this thread. Photo TR54 :)

post-23-1256450349.jpg

I Think Peekskil NY. Old Engine 130 Is A CF. Mack Pumper. I Do Not Know What Year It Is. Here Is A Photo I Have Of It Befor It Was Restore

beautiful rig with the wiggle light in the middle of the grille. also is that a V-8 marker on the light bezel making that a CF-700? My dept is on the south shore of Long Island and in my battalion alone there were many Macks in service for many years. My dept runs one of the 2 Mack TOWER LADDERS left in Nassau county.Ours is a 1986 95 footer that has been used hard for the years we have had her with no major problems Its hard to believe that there will be a time in the near future when there are no CF's or Century La Frances or maxims in service

Yonkers -Photo PCFD ENG58

post-23-126291286733.jpg

Yonkers -Photo PCFD ENG58

That is the last Mack fire apparatus made Chassis #CF688FC 1460 Date Del'vd 8-92 Owned by City of Yonkers Fire Dept. Now on duty doing school work teaching the new probies all about class and water !