Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcoppola

Connecticut Valley Muster?

15 posts in this topic

I heard through the grapevine that there was going to be a muster somewhere in the valley area this spring. Anyone able to provide details?

Joe

there is one in Shelton at Indian Wells State Park, dont know the date..

I heard through the grapevine that there was going to be a muster somewhere in the valley area this spring. Anyone able to provide details?

Joe

What the hell is a muster????

A muster is when firemen compete in several events different events for fun and win trophies they do stuff like a Bucket brigade, midnight alarm, ladder climbing and so on and they also usually have a fiermatic flea market. Its really a great day to have fun.

One of the best Musters is the Milford Engine 260 (explorer post) Muster that is the second weekend in September. A lot of departments from around CT and a few from NY (those Mohegan guys are still afraid to come over to my side for the hill, you know who you are!! lol) put up teams and have friendly competitions, several antique trucks do drafting contest, arena pumping, midnight alarms, ect. If I'm not mistaking Stratford's Local won the tug of war either last year or the year before.

Plus a lot of vendors show up (kudos to Ralph Calloway ex-Nashua FD LT who owns "Shamrock FIRE-works" the original "Fire Na Tine" who's a regular vendor). Just a great time to catch up, relax, BS and just have fun.

May 31st is the muster in Conn. there is info on engine 260's website www.engine260.com

Why not ask politely, why so harsh? C'mon man, lighten up.

In the Naugatuck Valley (the real valley in CT), there will be a muster hosted by the CT chapter of SPAMMFA (CT Cellar Savers) and the Hotchkiss Hose Co. 1 of Derby at Indian Well State Park in Shelton. The date is correct above with what I heard, Saturday May 31st. Hotchkiss used to host the muster for a few years during the late 90s, early 2000 and stopped it for a while. Its a good time.

Also over int the CT River valley Old Saybrook is hosting one also in June.

As for the Engine 260 muster in Milford, it is always the 2nd weekend in September, the 1st weekend being Labor Day and the 3rd week the State Convention is held. The event weekend hasn't changed in almost 20 years.

Hey Izzy

what are you talking about I am with mohegan and we are always all over the place at the muster which member where you refering too

Hey Izzy

what are you talking about I am with mohegan and we are always all over the place at the muster which member where you refering too

Though I get one of the fellow "hillsiders" here on the forum!!!! LOL Just poking fun at ya, my company shares the hill on behind the benches down at the park. I'm making fun of not crossing the walkway up the hill, you guys are closer to the trucks, we're closer to the bathrooms. Just some good ol' poking fun. I'll make sure I'll have a George Hot ready for ya this year! :)

that works I thought you might know someone from Mohegan Just curious

that works I thought you might know someone from Mohegan Just curious

You know, I met so many of the guys and galls from Mohegan over the years that I forget their names. Great bunch!

Stop by this year maybe trade some dept patches

Good evening all,

Yes, we're hosting our muster again with the help of the CT Cellar Savers. And it will be held at Indian Wells State Park in Shelton. Basically it will be the same as it used to be. I will post more info when I get it. Looking forward to seeing a lot of the old faces back again.

Till later, thanks.