Followers 0
x635

Spy Shot- Pelham's New Engine 5

13 posts in this topic

Pelham's New Engine 5 (SPY SHOT)

Photo and info courtesy EWFAC/PFD

post-11-1210441252.jpg

Photo taken at Ferrara plant last week.

The Engine is scheduled to be delivered aroung the week of the 19th. They have a couple of minor adjustments to make as well as finishing up the Graphics.

Some stats are: 2004 Ferrara Ultra cab w/ Detroit Series 60 motor, Waterous Single-Stage 1500 GPM Pump, Telma retatrder, disc brakes, etc.

I like the Ferrara Ultra cab, other than FDNY and Mount Vernon, NY and now Pelham- did any other Ultra's get delivered?

Since this is a 2004, was this a demo or did it see service somewhere else?

Also, will Engine 5 become the new primary Engine, or will Engine 4 still retain that title? Also, what's the status on R-45?

I like the Ferrara Ultra cab, other than FDNY and Mount Vernon, NY and now Pelham- did any other Ultra's get delivered?

None, to my knowledge

Never, only went to shows.

Also, will Engine 5 become the new primary Engine, or will Engine 4 still retain that title? Also, what's the status on R-45?

Engine 5 will become first due. R45 is in reserve status.

looks like a Seagrave.

it does, also is Ferrara apart of seagrave, nice looking truck

it does, also is Ferrara apart of seagrave, nice looking truck

No Ferrara and Seagrave have no interests in each other, both are separate companies. The Ultra cab was introduced by Ferrara so they could enter into the fix cab market and go for FDNY bids. All I know is the cab was introduced in 2002 / 2003 and Ferrara built four or six pumpers for FDNY who at the time required a fix cabs for their spec. Now I can't remember if they built the pumpers as the high pressure three stage pumpers or 2000 gpm pumpers. The body style looks like FDNY spec but it is hard to tell just from this picture.

The only company that works with Ferrara is Smeal who supplies them with aerial ladders and ladder towers. But that too is rumored to come to an end soon.

Now I can't remember if they built the pumpers as the high pressure three stage pumpers or 2000 gpm pumpers. The body style looks like FDNY spec but it is hard to tell just from this picture.

This rig was one of three FDNY High-Pressure Units Ferrara built for the city. It has been retro-fitted with a Waterous single-stage 1500 gpm pump.

Hope they don't call FDNY for M/A anytime soon cause if a company comes up using some old p.o.s., they may just hop in this and take it back to the NYC...LOL

Otherwise, nice "Engine"...

I was going to guess that it was an add-on from Mount Vernon's order that they didn't take. Looks very similar to those as well.

sharp, best of luck to Pelham with it.

None, to my knowledge

Never, only went to shows.

Engine 5 will become first due. R45 is in reserve status.

Nice rig.

What happened to R45?

Ah, R45....I remember the days of FAC....38a1 25 with the heavy rescue...sorry Pelham, the R designation is a joke...