Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Steel Water Tanks

8 posts in this topic

I'm just curious if there are any departments that still spec steel or fiberglass water tanks?

It seems that poly has taken over the market for a number of reasons, but I'd like to hear why steel or fiberglass may be a superior product?

I spoke to a couple of people i know from new jersey and they are curently specing out two engines both with stainless steel tanks. aprently they are telling me that it is cheaper. I am not sure if that is true or not especially witht he price of steel right now. my department sctually just had to do some repairs on our engines tank because of seams sperating...they are all fixed but I would rather see a ploy tank anyday

I'm just curious if their are any departments that still spec steel or fiberglass water tanks?

It seems that poly has taken over the market for a number of reasons, but I'd like to hear why steel or fiberglass may be a superior product?

Our new tanker (New Canaan C.T.) has stainless steel 3000 gallon tank. We chose it for durability and we were able to add a small hose bed on top of the tank.

I'm just curious if there are any departments that still spec steel or fiberglass water tanks?

Most of our rigs have fiberglass, it has the same capabilities as poly. A lot seems to depend on who is building your rigs and if they have a preference.

I can see the stainless tanks on the "wet side" type tankers, but it seems rare for anyone to use anything but poly tanks for internal water tanks. I believe they're cheaper and hold a lifetime warranty. That would seem to be a winning combination!

steel tanks leak quite often. If you have a choice, go poly or fiberglas.

Most all tanks are poly. I would say that even the new tanker above would be a polytank with S/S body and maybe a S/S wrap.

Fairview's new first due has a poly tank