Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Union Says FDNY Firefighters Baited into Bad Conduct

5 posts in this topic

Interesting story, and it's even more interesting some of the situations they put the FF's in.

I can't say with recent events over the past few years that I totally disagree with this practice, especially since you shouldn't have any issues if you have intergrity and morals. However, how they are judgeing some of the situations is what I question.

Union Says FDNY Firefighters Baited into Bad Conduct

Posted: 05-12-2008

GINGER ADAMS OTIS

Courtesy of The New York Post

NEW YORK -- Firefighters say they're the targets of stings designed to bait them into inappropriate or even criminal behavior.

In an April 18 memo, United Firefighters Association president Stephen Cassidy wrote to his members: "The UFA has confirmed that the City's Department of Investigation is conducting random 'integrity' tests of city employees."

FULL STORY: http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/a...46&id=59442

Not a new concept at all, perhaps it is new to the FD but the PD has been doing "integrity tests" for decades. The feds are also notorious for such sting operations with local/state agencies.

I can understand the need for internal investigations, but this seems alittle rediculous, and a gross misuse of public funds.

If in fact theses "test" are being conduct, technically these descriptions are very unethical. There are other ways to conduct integrity tests.