Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Illinois Neighbors See Red Over Man's Fire Truck

8 posts in this topic

Awesome story!

Illinois Neighbors See Red Over Man's Fire Truck

Posted: 05-22-2008

When firefighters relied on the water in their trucks to put out a blaze in a neighbor's garage because a hydrant was too far away, Peter Mitchell fretted about what might happen if his house caught fire.

His solution: He bought a shiny red pumper on eBay for $7,000.

FULL STORY: http://cms.firehouse.com/web/online/News/I...k/46$59580

I don't see what the problem is he is more then willing to serve his community with his purchase and I am sure it will help them out. There is a guy in the town I live in who purchased an old fire truck not for fighting fires or anything but because he is restoring it in his garage and likes to drive it around town. He also brings his children and there friends for rides. He to rebuilt his garage to fit it and not one person has complained about it yet.(at least that I know of)

It's amazing how the news always finds the town idiot to interview.... Ms. Mitchell is worried about dirty pool water being put on her house while it burns to the ground... unbelieveable....

And this is why firefighters aren't given engines to use as POVs. :lol:

Tough feces, its his property.

Mike

If I had my own personal '75 Ward LaFrance, I wouldn't share it, or the water in it with anybody! It would be mine mine mine mine mine...

If one of his neighbors houses caught on fire, I'd pull it out on "the ramp", park it, sit on the front bumper with a stogie and a cup of coffee and watch.

I was going to comment on the "dirty pool water" also, its treated and clean, but who cares what's in it as long as it's wet and puts the fire out! I bet you "Ms. Mitchell", the neighbor, was one of the ring leaders in taking "under God" out of the pledge!

Edited by OnTheWheel

It's amazing how the news always finds the town idiot to interview.... Ms. Mitchell is worried about dirty pool water being put on her house while it burns to the ground... unbelieveable....

For many years libraries have fought against sprinklers, because the books could get wet. After a few major library fires (including the Los Angeles main one), they stopped fighting. While getting books wet is not good for them, it is easier to dry a book than unburn it.

silly boy didnt you know dirty water just doesnt do the job-lol. betcha if her house catches fire after she calls 911 ms. mitchell is gonna be busting this guys door down trying to get him to help. it's easy to say you'd say screw you, but we all know the guy would wind up trying to help her. i'm wondering if someones house does go up and winds up being a foundation save if someones gonna try to blame this poor guy. But then again as he is not a firefighter, he has no duty to act. but we all know lawyers.