Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Armored ESU Truck?

16 posts in this topic

I know one of these vehicles comes out of 3 Truck in the Bronx.... most of the detals of its capabilities are "classified" though....

Yup, it's an armored ESU truck. What else do you want to know? :lol:

i believe it is the NYPD ESU's photo observation truck (aka P.O.T.). It is brought to places in the city where a movie or photo shoot is being produced. As you can see in the photo, there is a large airbag for a shoot.

It doesn't make any sense that the police would spend all that money on a armored truck to sit around for a movie shoot. The airbag was probably an ESU scene or drill.

i believe it is the NYPD ESU's photo observation truck (aka P.O.T.). It is brought to places in the city where a movie or photo shoot is being produced. As you can see in the photo, there is a large airbag for a shoot.

It doesnt appear to be a photoshoot. If you look at the link I posted under the photo and look at the rest of the photo's from the set, the photographer states that it was a Jumper Down job that turned into a Hostage Situation. There are more pictures of the scene that day.

wow nice truck what's the bubble on the top for? is that kinda similiar to the popemobile?

Nice truck I have never saw anything like it in NYC. Very interesting.

Is there some where were you can see all of the NYPDs ESU trucks including some of their very rarely seen trucks like the one above?

If you saw it going through Ossining, they were probably on their way to or from training at Camp Smith. They do an awful lot of training there throughout the year. This truck has been around for a while. Was used at a hostage situation in Mt. Vernon that I had the pleasure of participating in a few years ago. As well, this vehicle is not dedicated for "photo shoots", it is possibly at a drill or a real incident. P.O.T. may well stand for photo observation truck, but it is used not to film movies, but to see things not visible to the naked eye......

Is there some where were you can see all of the NYPDs ESU trucks including some of their very rarely seen trucks like the one above?

Yes.....go to the roof of a building with a high powered rifle and bring your camera......they will be there.... :P

Yes.....go to the roof of a building with a high powered rifle and bring your camera......they will be there....

Now THAT was a good one Brother! LOL

ESU had it onscene at the Cardinal's residence as part of the Papal protection detail.