Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL2L31

Westchester "Demo Day" @ Playland 5-30-08

21 posts in this topic

Just a reminder that demo day at Playland is this Friday.

a little better...last year it was on a wednesday in the middle eof the day.

still not sure why it wouldn't be on a sat or sun??

Im assuming that they are more crowded on the weekends this time of year since schools are still in session.

a little better...last year it was on a wednesday in the middle eof the day.

still not sure why it wouldn't be on a sat or sun??

Because Playland is open and busy on the weekends and, going by the original intent of this program, the target audience works weekdays not weekends. The target audience was originally fleet managers and maintenance people.

When the program was first being developed, one of the ideas was to make demo vehicles (police package cars, light SUV's, etc.) available for test driving using Playlands expansive parking lots but liability concerns nixed that right out of the gate.

Because Playland is open and busy on the weekends and, going by the original intent of this program, the target audience works weekdays not weekends. The target audience was originally fleet managers and maintenance people.

When the program was first being developed, one of the ideas was to make demo vehicles (police package cars, light SUV's, etc.) available for test driving using Playlands expansive parking lots but liability concerns nixed that right out of the gate.

ah, i see it advertised as a county PR gig for public view. one year we were asked to bring a rig if we attended, never went, but assumed it was a public event

ah, i see it advertised as a county PR gig for public view. one year we were asked to bring a rig if we attended, never went, but assumed it was a public event

It is advertised as such and is open to the public; I was just relating the original intent of the day. It has since morphed into more.

Anyone going to go? I will stop by for a little while and will be wearing a rfd baseball cap and a fdny ladder 35 tee shirt.

Edited by rfdu39

Anyone going to go? I will stop by for a little while and will be wearing a rfd baseball cap and a ladder 35 tee shirt.

Rye hat and Mohegan tee shirt?

im going, ive gone the past two years, and its been alot of fun. the first year it wasnt open to the public and im not 100% sure about last year either. but who knows it might be this year

Anyone going to go? I will stop by for a little while and will be wearing a rfd baseball cap and a ladder 35 tee shirt.

You know what you're going to wear 3 days out ?

Just a head's-up, they plan on ending the program at 12 and then serving lunch for the guys. I don't see it going past 1.

Chris192,

Glad I got my ride in the Demo Dodge Charger Police Car.... WOW!!!!! :D

BEFORE the "liability" kicked in.

I guess no rides in the Westchester County PD Chopper? lol

Liability ruins ALL the fun.

WESTCHESTER COUNTY FLEET DEMO DAY WAS A LOT OF FUN

WHEN I ATTENDED!

Chris192,

Glad I got my ride in the Demo Dodge Charger Police Car.... WOW!!!!! :D

BEFORE the "liability" kicked in.

I guess no rides in the Westchester County PD Chopper? lol

Liability ruins ALL the fun.

WESTCHESTER COUNTY FLEET DEMO DAY WAS A LOT OF FUN

WHEN I ATTENDED!

Alas your own statement confirms the liability issue - you got a RIDE not a DRIVE!!! :lol:

Port Chester's new Smeal Ladder 31 will be there. We were asked by Smeal to bring it to represent their ladder division. I will be there with the truck. Stop by and say hello.

Chris

Pleasantvilles new ambulance will be their representing life line

Since I have to work on Friday, I maybe the only person who wants it to rain on Friday because I work across the street from the Westchester County Center. :lol: :lol:

Edited by bvfdjc316

SOMEONE TAKE ALOT OF PICTURES!

SOMEONE TAKE ALOT OF PICTURES!

Please, b/c i can't go and i want to see it, thanks