Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hartsdale's New Engine 170

8 posts in this topic

Well, I FINALLY found some photos of the new Engine 170, and it looks AWESOME! I really like the in-cab turnout gear storage, and the high visiblity front bumper. It's clear this engine was thought out and designed with the needs of the way Hartsdale operates. I give props for being able to fit a TON of equipment on it, including a CAFS (props for that) AND keep a low hosebed!!!

And, for the record, I am very pleased they stuck with LIME!!!! Looks sharp, and like a Hartsdale rig should- red would be wierd!

Does anyone know if it's been delivered yet, or have better photos? Also, will the current E-169 be replaced by the current E-170, w/ E-169 going to replace the current E-171, a 1976 Ward LaFrance/1986 Ranger refurb?

Hartsdale, NY Engine 170

2007 Spartan Gladiator Extreme Duty/4 Guys Fire Apparatus

Station: Hartsdale Station 1, S. Central Ave & W. Hartsdale Ave ("4 Corners")

PHOTO FROM: http://www.firehouseapparatus.com/index.cf...&truckID=55 (More Photos At That Link)

post-11-1212021890.jpg

PHOTO FROM: http://www.firehouseapparatus.com/index.cf...&truckID=55 (More Photos At That Link)

Congrats to HFD, and best of luck!

Still can't get the color right ! LOL

"....and on the 8th day, God invented the fire truck....and He painted it red......with a white cap."

Edited by dadbo46

Beautiful rig, I must say I am very impressed with the units being built by 4Guys, especially the pumpers and rescue-pumpers. Congratulations to Hartsdale FD on a sharp and functional looking engine.

very nice truck good luck with it may it serve for a long time

Note the hosebed cover, a new requirement to prevent hose from falling off and injuring citizens on the street/sidewalks.

No LED'S?

Looks good I wish you guys the best of luck with it!

Engine 170 has not yet been delivered, but will be arriving in Hartsdale very soon.

FYI, Engine 170 is currently running out of Station 2 on W. Hartsdale Ave. while renovations are ongoing at Station 1 on Central Ave, which should hopefully be completed at the end of the month.

I imagine E-170 will go into service sometime mid-summer. It has a pretty awesome CAFS system on it, and CAFS is new to Hartsdale so there will be plenty of training.

(Thanks to my source!)