Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OnTheWheel

Ped Hit & Run, Left In Road (w/video)

12 posts in this topic

This video is stomach turning, how everyone walks and drives by with this guy laying in the street. Finally the guy in the white shirt comes over and appears to be comforting him. Hard to believe out of all the people who saw this no one had first aid training of some sort! We are turning into a third world country.

Bystanders Ignore Hit-and-Run Victim

By STEPHEN SINGER,AP

Posted: 2008-06-05 19:58:12

Filed Under: Nation News

HARTFORD, Conn. (June 5) - A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but do nothing. One driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bystanders-ig...605164309990001

I can see 2 schools of thought here:

Thought Process #1:

"I did my civic duty. I dialed 911."

Thought Process #2:

"To hell with that!! If I get involved, I am likely to get sued."

(Seeing as how everyone in this country seems to be sue-happy these days, looking for anyone and everyone to sue).

I do find it morally unconscionable for NO ONE to get involved at all, and to just stand around.

Score one for the moral degradation of society today.

now that i want to throw up... your tellin me the best any of those people could do was just look over at him? thats sickening, this is a human. i guarentee if that was a puppy they would have sprung into action.. i can understand people that just watched this happen being in shock, but those dirtbags drivin around him in the car have absolutly no excuse. those are the same idiots that when there is an accident and you have the road blocked off they start mouthing off to you but meanwhile if they were involved in an accident they are begging you to save them... unbelievable

That to me is just absolutely disgusting how could not 1 person do a damn thing?!?!

.... WHAT A DISGRACE .................

Very sad but what even makes me more sick is another hit and run. We have had a few hit and runs that lead to fatalities right here in Westchester. How can someone hit someone knowing they have caused harm or possibly death and just drive away like the persons life is meaningless? Has society lost it's human element?

What baffles me more is with all the technology out there those who have committed these acts can not be found.

I can see 2 schools of thought here:

Thought Process #1:

"I did my civic duty. I dialed 911."

Thought Process #2:

"To hell with that!! If I get involved, I am likely to get sued."

(Seeing as how everyone in this country seems to be sue-happy these days, looking for anyone and everyone to sue).

I do find it morally unconscionable for NO ONE to get involved at all, and to just stand around.

Score one for the moral degradation of society today.

I second that!!!!! I can hear it now when they get this person! I didn't see them or I didn't know I hit anything. Also I bet they don't have a license. Now this poor guy is paralyzed from the neck down!!!!!!!! He got hit from a car on the wrong side of the road. Both cars crossed the yellow line.

Edited by DR104

What is even more sickening is all of the damage control the community "leaders" are doing. They seem to be less concerned with the welfare of this individual, and more concerned with the image of their neighborhood. The so called leaders took great exception to the fact that noone did anything, and said that "the video was slowed down" and that "4 individuals called 911 during the first minute". They don't seem to be to concerned that noone went to atleast check on the victim. Great. I feel much better. What a bunch of clowns.