Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NYC DEP Haz-Mat CBRNE-1

18 posts in this topic

caught this at todays puerto rican parade

post-2464-1212949168.jpg

one more

post-2464-1212949212.jpg

I think I have fallen in love. That is an awesome truck. But who's is it? Where is it stationed? What does it do?

Thomas

It says DEP in the rear so.....

Thats a great find, the last time anyone posted a picture of these rigs was a few years ago. There is another rig like this around somewhere. I believe that this is a 05-06 Pierce Lance Walk-Thru

I am just curious about where it is stationed, when and how it is manned and what is stored on this rig? Also, what does CBRNE mean?

I think I have fallen in love. That is an alsome truck. But who's is it? Where is it stationed? What does it do?

Thomas

Department of Environmental Protection, Hazmat unit, I'm guessing the CBRNE means Chemical,Biological,Radiation,Nuclear,and Explosives? I dont know where its stationed though.

department of environmental protection,hazmat unit, im guessing the cbrne means chemical,biological,radiation,nuclear,and explosives? i dont know where its stationed though.

Correct on the guess.

I'm gonna take a good guess here and say the NYC DEP & Homeland Security

do not want you or I knowing where it's stored or what equipment it has for an obvious reason.

VERY NICE RIG!!!

Anesti1 thanks for posting the pics!

I'm gonna take a good guess here and say the NYC DEP & Homeland Security

do not want you or I knowing where it's stored or what equipment it has for an obvious reason.

VERY NICE RIG!!!

Anesti1 thanks for posting the pics!

I have seen it at the "new" DEP precinct on the medical centers campus. though i doubt it is stored there as it has been an infrequent sighting

There's another all black monster running around the city but without any lettering. Last I saw it, a tow truck was hooking it up on the West Side Highway.

There's another all black monster running around the city but without any lettering. Last I saw it, a tow truck was hooking it up on the West Side Highway.

When was this?

I am just curious being that it is a relatively new rig.

Very nice truck but, what a waste of money. Would have better been spent on getting a FDNY or NYPD rig.

Edited by DOC22

The rig in question is operated by DEP's DERTA (Division of Emergency Response & Technical Assesment)unit. It was purchased through Pierce as an empty shell and then outfitted. One of its main purpouses is as a mobile lab. DERTA responds with NYPD to unknown CBRN incidents througout the 5 burroughs. It was in fact purchsed through a Homeland Security Grant.

Very nice truck but, what a waste of money. Would have better been spent on getting a FDNY or NYPD rig.

I disagree, FDNY and NYPD have neither the time nor the inclination to run a mobile WMD lab, whereas DEPs job IS to protect the environment and assess any damage to it during a terrorist attack. It fits exactly within the parameters of their mission.

there are 2 of them, identically marked. they are on firematic's(the pierce dealer) website.

Nice rig...how come they didn't throw a PR Flag up on that joint and some cool horns?

I'm sure this unit is hooked up with all kinds of bells and wistles... Like that unmarked patrol car behind you that you didn't know was there until they turn their lights on

I saw that same rig go onto Randall's Island last week. I know that the DEP has an office and big lot next to the rock.