Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SgtGumby311

Ex-Mount Kisco Police Officer Acquitted On ALL Charges

25 posts in this topic

Just heard on the news that Officer Bubaris has been acquitted on all charges....Lohud.com has the story as well......Hope he gets his job back.

He should get some money out of this!!!! Wrongfully accused and hung out to dry, I definitly wouldn't want to go back to work in Mt Kisco, but they can send me a fat check!

wow, i'm actually shocked! i thought with the nasty publicity he recieved he was going to hang for it either way.

what's his status at MKPD? was he suspended, fired, or did he resigned? hope he gets his back-pay at a minimum. can def smell a slander suit

He resigned, and if I remember correctly, it was part of the agreement he could not sue Mt. Kisco.

He resigned, and if I remember correctly, it was part of the agreement he could not sue Mt. Kisco.

ah thanks, sucky deal. well maybe they will rehire him...doubtful, but you never know

I love it when the system works in the face of overbearing ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT abuse.

I guess that he really didn't kill the immigrant, his lawyer was just really really good, or the prosecutor did not do his job right. I guess its telling that most of the charges were dropped before it went to the jury. However, the second charge added recently does throw a wrench in it.

Im curious to hear other law enforcement officers opinions about the trial and the verdict.

Edited by bvfdjc316

The prosecution put together a garbage case. From the evidence that made it to the media that case was completely circumstantial. However if the feds bring a civil rights case forward I see them getting a conviction.

Amazing how this homeless/criminal SOB all of a sudden has a family and friends that care about him and are outraged and devastated that the jury found the Officer Innocent. Typically LE Officers charged with crimes related to their job are guilty until proven innocent. One of the few occupations where double jeopardy is merely a suggestion. Even the notion that the Feds are considering bringing civil rights charges against him is disgusting. Hats off to the jury for paying attention to the evidence or lack there of....

I guess that he really didn't kill the immigrant, his lawyer was just really really good, or the prosecutor did not do his job right. I guess its telling that most of the charges were dropped before it went to the jury. However, the second charge added recently does throw a wrench in it.

Im curious to hear other law enforcement officers opinions about the trial and the verdict.

I believe it was a fair verdict when you consider there really was no evidence presented to convict the officer. Allthough the media tried and convicted him a jury said he did not do it.

Amazing how this homeless/criminal SOB all of a sudden has a family and friends that care about him and are outraged and devastated that the jury found the Officer Innocent.

$$$$$$$$$

To say that his family did not care about him is as ignorant as rushing to convict the officer before he was tried. Maybe they had reached out to him many times and tried repeatedly to get him cleaned up. At some point no matter how much you care about someone you just have to cut them lose if for no other reason than to save yourself. Had the officer been responsible for his death I don't believe anyone would say that the family was trying to profit from his death. I'm really curious to see where those injuries came from. There is someone out there who thumped Perez pretty good and caused those injuries.

Illegal Immigrant, Drunk, whatever, this guy was still a human being and didn't deserve to die the way he did, no matter what. Only one person knows who did this, and that's the killer himself. He didn't just end up dumped on the side of the road, left to suffer and die. Whomever that may be, that person is going to have to live with the fact that they are a murderer and took another human being's life in such a disrespectful manner for the rest of their life, and eventually answer for it.

There is someone out there who thumped Perez pretty good and caused those injuries.

He could've thumped himself. I'm good friends with the owner of the laundromat where he was last seen and the surveillance video shows him hunched over as if he was in pain before he even made the 911 call. Who knows.

To say that his family did not care about him is as ignorant as rushing to convict the officer before he was tried.

exactly, he suffered from an addictive substance. anyone who knows someone who's been addicted to anything, including ciggs, knows you can only do so much to make them stop. and non-the-less, like seth said, the man was a human being, American or not.

CYA!!!!!!COVER YOUR A#@. Should have taken him to the ER.

So you are saying that bringing everybody who is sleeping or intox to the ER is CYA? Dont you think that you are over burdening the hospitals just to "CYA?"

So you are saying that bringing everybody who is sleeping or intox to the ER is CYA? Dont you think that you are over burdening the hospitals just to "CYA?"

Yes, If it is going to save me my job. Look what happened here! I work part time in a ER in the Bronx, and PD brings them all the time. Its a smart move on their part b/c now its the ER problem. Hang a banana bag, do some blood work and let them sleep if off.

I doubt he did it to himself. A fall would have probably left other injuries, so I'd agree with the prosecution that Perez was probably assaulted. I just disagree with their version of who. I fully believe he was injured long before officer Bubaris came into contact with him and judging form experiences with other similar pts had he been taken to the ER he would have been put into a corner or left out in the waiting room until he turned south so may still have died. Abdominal pain is not exactly an usual complaint in a chronic alcoholic and as a frequent flier the ER, staff's index of suspicion would understandably be decreased.

Illegal Immigrant, Drunk, whatever, this guy was still a human being and didn't deserve to die the way he did, no matter what. Only one person knows who did this, and that's the killer himself. He didn't just end up dumped on the side of the road, left to suffer and die. Whomever that may be, that person is going to have to live with the fact that they are a murderer and took another human being's life in such a disrespectful manner for the rest of their life, and eventually answer for it.

I don't think that you can charge BOOZE with a crime but I am sure the DA's OFFICE would find a way. There was no murderer. He died because he was a drunk. That is it. He might have injuries that suggested that he was assaulted, but he also could have falled and hurt himself. I wouldn't trust the Medical Examiner for nothing. ALL POLITICS. The fact is that is was a witch hunt against Burbaris. Too bad he can't sue the PD. Maybe he can sue the DA's office.

Yes, If it is going to save me my job. Look what happened here! I work part time in a ER in the Bronx, and PD brings them all the time. Its a smart move on their part b/c now its the ER problem. Hang a banana bag, do some blood work and let them sleep if off.

And the hospital goes bankrupt because they're expending funds on non-reimbursable charges and tying up beds on nothing more than an intox.

I don't think it's a "smart move" and I don't think dumping a social services problem in an ER is "CYA". This is a problem bigger than anyone one agency and all we do when we dump on the ER is transfer the problem to them.

No medical condition = no need to tie up a bed in an ER.

I wouldn't trust the Medical Examiner for nothing. ALL POLITICS. The fact is that is was a witch hunt against Burbaris. Too bad he can't sue the PD. Maybe he can sue the DA's office.

read todays article on this, it's titled "Ex-lawyer lauds acquittal, criticizes medical examiner"

http://lohud.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008806190439

And the hospital goes bankrupt because they're expending funds on non-reimbursable charges and tying up beds on nothing more than an intox.

I don't think it's a "smart move" and I don't think dumping a social services problem in an ER is "CYA". This is a problem bigger than anyone one agency and all we do when we dump on the ER is transfer the problem to them.

No medical condition = no need to tie up a bed in an ER.

Tell me about it!!! but it happens all the time and the hospital that I work for is far from going bankrupt!! Like I said before if it is going to save my job and a trial I don't care that he is always in the ER. I am going to bring him there. Dose anybody know if Perez said he had abdominal pains?

If Woddy went stright to the police none of this would have happened, or If Preze went stright to the ER none of this would have happened!!!!!

Tell me about it!!! but it happens all the time and the hospital that I work for is far from going bankrupt!! Like I said before if it is going to save my job and a trial I don't care that he is always in the ER. I am going to bring him there.

I have to agree. Its ridiculous but its all about protecting yourself and your job.

Does it burden the hospitals? Absolutely.

Is there a better solution? Sure, every one in this country, legal citizen or otherwise, should instantly start to take personal responsibility for their actions. But good luck with that one.

There are plenty of people who have addictions who shake their habits for the betterment of all around them (especially themselves.) I fail to have sympathy for people who fail to live up to the social contract we all share with society. If you can't be a productive member of society, if you can't follow the laws on your own, I believe you should be given intervention and help. If you blow that off, forget it. They should bury you up to your neck and let the tide come in.

Until we decide that enough is enough with certain individuals, the rest will have to carry their dead weight.