Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geppetto

Ulster sheriff moonlighting as a cop

8 posts in this topic

Sounds like a guy who really enjoys his work....Good for him.

Who cares. Did he screw up? No, just someone writing a story for the helluvait. And as for patrolling the "hard" streets of Woodbury, come on!

I thought there used to be a law prohibiting a person from holding two jobs (and badges) in law enforcement. This isn't the first time I've heard of someone with two so I guess there's no problem with it.

The argument that I heard was if one agency suspended you, you could still carry a gun with the other. But if you're able to get through the hiring process TWICE, you're probably not going to screw up like that.

I thought there used to be a law prohibiting a person from holding two jobs (and badges) in law enforcement. This isn't the first time I've heard of someone with two so I guess there's no problem with it.

The argument that I heard was if one agency suspended you, you could still carry a gun with the other. But if you're able to get through the hiring process TWICE, you're probably not going to screw up like that.

This happens often between the part-time PD's in Westchester/Putnam/Dutchess. Since those guys are are limited to 20 hour work weeks, several of them work 20 hours with two agencies in order to secure a 40 hour work week.

i.e. 20 Hours with Somers PD and 20 Hours with Cold Spring PD

I think it's great to see a Boss Dispatching and doing street patrol. Might keep him level while dealing with his own underlings.

I would love to see our bosses sitting in our chairs for just one shift.

All that really matters in my opinion is that the Woodstock PD chief understands his sheriff duties have priority, which it seems he does. If he is still available 24/7 to his department I don't see a problem. I would imagine in the event of some type of county emergency he would switch hats and assume his leadership role for the county.