Followers 0
x635

Man charged with beating New Yorker over Yankees

15 posts in this topic

I mean, really?

Man charged with beating New Yorker over Yankees

7-7-08

AP

FALMOUTH, Mass. - A man was ordered held without bail Monday for allegedly beating a New York man with a baseball bat because he thought the man was a Yankees fan.

As it turned out, the New Yorker allegedly beaten in the land of the Red Sox isn't even a big baseball fan.

FULL STORY: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080707/ap_on_...aseball_beating

I think this rivalry is getting out of hand, what is wrong with these people?

I think this rivalry is getting out of hand, what is wrong with these people?

what's wrong with them? they're from boston.

As a representative of RED SOX NATION (trademarked) it is hereby decide upon that this person involved in the incident is no longer a member of RED SOX NATION. (trademarked)

:P

Mike

what's wrong with them? they're from boston.

The moron was from Falmouth on Cape Cod.

Not only does this make Red Sox fans look bad it makes all us baseball fans look bad. Come on, just because the guy had a NY plate with a Tarrytown dealership frame it automatically make him a Yankee fan?!?!?!?!?! More than likely this moron is one of theose "front runner" fans that jumped the band wagon and has no clue about routing for his home team. Hopefully his new home team will be based out of Sing Sing!

To show you the mentality of these idiots, according to Maxim magazine, the most popular bumper sticker in Boston reads, "I'd rather my daughter work in a whore house than my son play for the New York Yankees". I think that just about sums it up!

This isn't even about a baseball rivalry. This is about some lunatic who finally snapped. It could have been over anything, in this case it just happened to be that he was possibly a Yankee fan. Then again there could be more going on here. There was the supposed Yankee/Red Sox brawl in Yonkers a few months ago that turned out to be about something else.

To show you the mentality of these idiots, according to Maxim magazine, the most popular bumper sticker in Boston reads, "I'd rather my daughter work in a whore house than my son play for the New York Yankees". I think that just about sums it up!

I heard this too. Lovely, just lovely.

I too thought this was crazy when i read about it, but i wasnt that surpried either.

What scared me is that i was in the Falmouth area for the weekend and i, obviouwsly, have NY plates lol. Lucky for me, i also have a Red Sox sticker on my truck :P ! I, like Mike (Future Fireman), am also one of those damn New Yorker Red Sox fans lol.

I too thought this was crazy when i read about it, but i wasnt that surpried either.

What scared me is that i was in the Falmouth area for the weekend and i, obviouwsly, have NY plates lol. Lucky for me, i also have a Red Sox sticker on my truck :P ! I, like Mike (Future Fireman), am also one of those damn New Yorker Red Sox fans lol.

I root for two teams, the Mets and who ever the Yankees hate the most, and for my entire life that team has been the Red Sox, therefore I have to consider myself a Red Sox fan.

What this guy did was dumb, plain and simple.

He must have been absolutely hammered to do something like this because no man in their right mind your beat the crap out of someone because of a baseball rivalry.

i am not a fan of baseball, but i watch it every now and again. along with soccer (european) i could never understand why people take these GAMES so personally. IT'S NOT LIKE YOUR EVEN ON THE TEAM!!!! you're just people who pay their CRAZY A$$ salaries!

just another situation that makes me shake my head in disgust...

You cant even compare european soccer to anything in the world.. Soccer is a religion, towns live and die by their teams. I dont think you could ever have anything like that here in NY.. we have way to many teams, (yankees,mets,giants,jets,bills,rangers,islanders,sabres) compared to places like boston and detroit.

You cant even compare european soccer to anything in the world.. Soccer is a religion, towns live and die by their teams. I dont think you could ever have anything like that here in NY.. we have way to many teams, (yankees,mets,giants,jets,bills,rangers,islanders,sabres) compared to places like boston and detroit.

i agree it's just as patriotic as the armed forces...i just never understood why. when i ask the euros why they're so nutty about it, the reply...it's the way it is....whatever the hell that means

btw, what the hell are the sabres?

i agree it's just as patriotic as the armed forces...i just never understood why. when i ask the euros why they're so nutty about it, the reply...it's the way it is....whatever the hell that means

btw, what the hell are the sabres?

buffalo sabres.. NHL

I wouldn't buy into the slanted article so fast. About a year ago, around playoff time we had an incident here in Yonkers. The press came to the conclusion that because the guy had a Boston Red Sox hat on and he was from the Massachusetts area that the other 2 that beat him up used that alone as a reason to fight. They aired it out on TV, Radio, and printed press and couldn't be further from the truth! If I recall, they were all hitting on the same woman and couldn't come to terms with not getting some! The press most likely took MA and baseball bat and added 1+1 and got 9. I am not saying that this article is patently untrue, however, our press these days likes to make the story a bit more interesting with opinions taking place of fact.