Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest DADAY

Streaming audio

67 posts in this topic

453.5625 is great also, i prefer that over 46.26. it comes in much clearer

yup... all you can do is listen, there doesn't seem to be a way to choose the different frequencies...right now this is the only one that i've been able to find with Yonkers on it...I have a new ant. setup coming in this week, and i should be able to pick up Yonkers fire  5 by 5  from where I am...If thats the case I will definately look into streaming it on the web..stay tuned! :peace:
What is your Location?

TERRIFIC NEWS FROM SCANNER NUT !

It looks like Scanner Nut may have a site up as early as sometime this week, to be able to monitor "On Line" the Yonkers FD Repeater Channel, exclusive from any other channels (Hopefully, similiar to what CTScan has set up on their Web Site)

Speaking on behalf of everyone on EMTBravo, we cannot thank you enough Scanner Nut for everything you are doing !!!

well, the antenna setup came this morning, but there is still a 6" of snow and ice on the roof...I will do my best, but cant make any promises, it just doesn't seem to safe to go u-p on my roof today, might have to wait a few days till this stuff melts!

Although I speak for the masses on EMTBravo.com as we all await the Web Link to this Wonderful YFD On Line Web Repeater Site that you are graciously putting together, we certainly don't want you up on your roof, with all of the SNOW up there. Please wait a few days and let the Snow Melt away before venturing up on the rool. Keep us posted throughout the week - THANKS !!!

What software are you using to run the feed and what service are you using? (Shoutcast?)

Hope the snow melts soon. So you can get the YFD live broadcast up and running. Especially in light of tonight on Caryl Av.

Absolutely! I am sure that this is "Exactly" why ScannerNut went out at got all of this new equipment. It would have been GREAT for "ALL" to be able to share the ability to listen over the net of all of the Dispatch Transmissions coming from the Cacase Dispatch Center to the Fire Scene over al Caryl Ave. But "Safety First" is the key on this as we all don't want ScannerNut to go up on his roof with all of the Snow to install the antenna. ? for ScannerNut, are you looking primary to have an "Exclusive" Channel for the Repeater/Dispatch or are you planning on adding a "Separate Channel" as well for "Ground to Ground" (provided you are able to pick it up?)

A quick update :sad: :sad: . I was able to get the antenna up yesterday afternoon, with a little help from a friend that works for a sattelite installation company, and everything went smooth...thats was the good part! the bad part is, get this, I can't pick up Yonkers on 46.50 at all for some reason, but I can get Yonkers opps, on 484.7125, but I comes in sparatic, and extremely week. I'm gonna have to wait till my buddy can come back with his bucket truck, and go back up and poss. tune the antenna a bit..unfortunatly it snowed again last night, and theres probly gonna be some more ice to deal with up there...Hopefully all is not lost just yet..needless to say I'm very P/O , but still have my fingers crossed :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Keep us posted on how you make out next week. Yonkers FD Channels (either 46.50 or the Repeater Channe; OR Better yet BOTH) are much better (in my personal estimation) than the 60 Control Channel, although if there would be a way to have all 3 (as separate options and not scanned together) maybe that would appease everyone. But, Yonkers First in my Book. THANK YOU VERY MUCH SCANNER NUT

yo scanner nut-

what kind of antenna are you using? an where are you located?

Is there a Yonkers repeater for 46.50 0r 484.7125? E64, I'm located in Greenwich , CT.. My new antenna setup consists of a brand new Diamond Discone all-band ant. and a small scanner beam made for 450-512 MHZ UHF..the beam is the one that I think needs tuning.. all of which are on a new tripod and mast on my roof, which is close to 40' up.

i have trouble picking up lowband on my scanner also 46.06, 46.18, 46.50 all come in almost unreadable.

Earlier this week it was reported that YFD was having some comms problems due to flooding from the water main break (I'm guessing flooding in the Verizon building brought down the leased line). Maybe the situation still exists and if affecting your reception?

There are no repeaters for 46.50 or 484.7125.

I didn't say they were repeaters. I weas talking about leased lines. They connect the "base" to the antenna if the antenna is at a remote site. If it goes down, you might as well be transmitting out of your rubber duckie.

WAS, I know you didn't say that, but Scanner Nut asked if there were.

Let me Re-phraze my last post. There are repeaters for 484.7125 in Yonkers and Around the Immediate area, but there are no repeaters to the extreme North of Yonkers.

DFFD, would you be able to list those repeater frquencies here?..I would like to try them out...thanx..!

I would attempt to pick these up as well. It can't hurt. With the system you are putting in, it should do well. keep us all posted with the eventual Web Site that we can go to to get on the YFD On Line Scanner.

Scanner Nut - From wher you are, you could probably pick up the Pound Ridge 33.96 and 46.26 repeaters very well - The Freqs Are:

33.96: 453.350 DPL644

46.26: 453.975 DPL413

I pick up those x-repeaters in Pound ridge, with no problems, I was just looking for those repeater frequencies for Yonkers that DFFD227 had mentioned in one of the above posts..

484.7125 - Yonkers Fire Department - Operations (PL 192.8)

453.6625 - Yonkers Fire Department

458.6625 - Yonkers Fire Department

465.550 - Yonkers Fire Department

465.600 - Yonkers Fire Department

46.50 - Yonkers Fire Department - Station-to-station (PL 141.3)

Awhile ago, someone I heard about located in Norwalk, Connecticut, had recently purchased a Diamond Discone antenea with a 10ft. mast w/ tripod that he mounted on his roof. Prior to installing this new system, he could only sparatically get Yonkers FD opps. every now and then, BUT when he installed this new system, "The new Diamond Discone", Yonkers should was heard loud and clear from what I'm told...

Tell me about it..I've been able to fool around with the antenna a bit, with a little luck..I did however discover that I might also have a few problems, one of them being beyond my control...heres the deal..I swapped out my 75' of RG6/U coax for a 75' of Beldin coax, I think it helped alittle. Big problem...I rent the house in which I currently live in, and there are currently 2 tv antennas attached to the 2 chimmenies that are on the roof. I think that there may be some interference from those antennas.. I tried to mount the Discone as far away as poss. from those TV antennas..right now until I get things worked out, I dont think that that it would be a wise choice for me to dish out the cash to go ahead with this project until I can the yonkers frequenies 5 by 5....

Brothers, I live in Norwalk and I put those Yonkers frequencys in my scanner, and I pick them up no problem. The sound like they are right down the street.

where in Norwalk do you live?

Not me, this was a work associate of a good friend of mine. I don't live in Norwalk, CT, but thought that the information would be helpful to you. Let me know how you make out with this?