Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firepunk

Maplewood Firefighter killed, Cops shot at car fire 7/21

9 posts in this topic

Saw this on CNN. What a sad story. Maplewood Fire Chief Terry Merrell said Ryan Hummert, 22, a paramedic and firefighter was shot and killed after he got out of his fire truck at the scene of a car fire on Zephyr, off of Big Bend, in Mapelwood at 5:40 a.m.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?...08&catid=40

That is horrible. Similar to an incident that happened 31 years ago in Fayetteville, PA just outside Chambersburg. Chief James Cutchall and Wilber Brookens were shot and killed by Gary Lee Rock while responding to the house he had set fire to. The Chief was riding the seat in the wagon and when he stepped onto the curb he took a shot to the head with a .300cal rifle. Wilber Brookens was a neighbor who when he saw smoke came to the aid of Rock who shot him through the heart. Several other FF's were shot as well.

When he was arrested, Rock asked "how many did I get".

Sick.

What a horrible thing to happen. May the FF/Paramedic, Rest in Peace and the L.E.O's have a speedy recovery . I can only hope the individual who did this rot in Hell..........

This goes to show you never know what you're walking into. Sad to think some crazy a** would do this crap but there are some really sick and disgruntled people out there. Prayers out to all involved, their families and their extended families. All you guys stay safe out there.

Joe

I just want to express my deepest sysmpathy for Ryan's family, and I hope all injured recovery fully.

What a waste of a young and promising life.

I hope no one gets it in their head to blame anyone other than the F***ing a**hole that pulled the trigger.

R.I.P. Ryan...R.I.P.

Cogs

A truly terrible thing. That was one touching article. Im glad that so many of his firemen brothers went out to support the fallen hero.

I send my thoughts and prayers to the families of all who were involoved in this tragedy.

Stay Safe. And always know what you are getting into.

David

You know what gets me mad about all these sick a-holes are if you are mad at the, world, wife, your boss or your job, ex wife, girlfried(boyfriend) ex boss co workers ex co workers then just get over it!!! If you cannot and you do not like life anymore then just kill yourself and thats it!!!!Leave everybody else out of it. I hope that this sick f@#k had some pain b4 he took the easy way out!!!! Sorry to say this, but thats how I feel.

I just want to express my deepest sysmpathy for Ryan's family and may he RIP.