Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Command Post Preference?

4 posts in this topic

What is everyone's preference on command boards - built into the Chief/Command vehicle or portable (like the set up seen in Westchester/FDNY, is it a Con-Ed board or something?)

I personally prefer to not be tied to the back of a vehicle (not saying I run around the scene.....)that may or may not be parked where I would want it. I have had the opportunity to be IC of several fires doing both, and much preferred to set up the Command Post on a corner of the building. I feel this offered me a better view of the conditions and operations.

ME, PERSONALLY, feels that elaborate BUILT IN command boards are money better spent elsewhere....

So...what say you?

In my opinion a portable command board makes you more versatile. Like you said Dan, you might not be where you want to be if it is fixed to the vehicle.

Portable board certainly have their advantages.

From what I remember the Con Ed style command board are expensive. With a little know how, one can be made a lot cheaper.

Portable board certainly have their advantages.

From what I remember the Con Ed style command board are expensive. With a little know how, one can be made a lot cheaper.

Heck yeah! And be custom tailored to suit your departments needs....

I just see alot of departments spending the money to put them in, and then not using them too often, if at all....