u 12 buchanan engine co

Spartan052 likes this

I was one of the guys that took it up there .It was a heck of a truck

u 12 buchanan engine co

Ding Ding Ding! We have a WINNAH! :lol:

Here's an unedited photo of it:

post-5960-1218483283.jpg

Mike

I have had the joy of going to the fasny fire museum does anybody know if from time to time they change what fire apparatus is on display

Edited by millwood127

If you have never been to the museum, it is really a MUST ! It's only about an hour north of here and well worth the trip. Here are a few non apparatus photos from 1 of my 2 trips to the museum.

Camera039.jpg

Camera046.jpg

Now this is a collection of medals ! I collect medals like this and probably own about 30 of them. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on these !

Museum3.jpg

Museum1.jpg

Museum2.jpg

A few September 11th Memorial pieces

I finally have more!

Heavy duty Brush truck/tank anyone?

post-5960-1218592519.jpg

Here's an old engine that served Canisteo (?). One unique thing about this piece of apparatus is that the pump panel is on the officer's side:

post-5960-1218592642.jpg

Mike

Edited by Future Fireman

1947. Was one of three of that model ever built and the last to survive. It was sent to the museum in 2001.

No, the current R20 did not replace this rig. The current R20 was put in service in 2005. The former R20 was used as a parade/muster and funeral piece from at least the late '80s on (although I do remember it being called from time to time for it's lighting).

I can remember seeing this rig going down Route 139 back in the late 70's/early 80's, just before they started building the addition on the Lincolndale firehouse. Back when it was still a two bay house and had different lettering on the front.

Whatever happened to U-5???

Whatever happened to U-5???

Which one? The old (late 70's) Horton ambulance turned utility or the '87 Ford "Quick Attack" (QA-1) turned utility?

Both were (if memory serves) were used as trade in's at one point.

yes, every so often they change things around- so if you went 3-4 yrs ago go again cause it's all new now

Which one? The old (late 70's) Horton ambulance turned utility or the '87 Ford "Quick Attack" (QA-1) turned utility?

Both were (if memory serves) were used as trade in's at one point.

This looked like an old Rescue type rig. This is going back a few years, and I only saw it in a passing glimpse.

Great pics Mike!! I have t get up there I haven't been there in almost 11 years. Nice to see U-12 retired and in a wonderful place. Hard to believe it was the first of its kind in NY.