Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Hudson Valley Paramedics?

76 posts in this topic

FD828,

WOW... Patient Care?

I was unaware of that incident. :unsure:

Please assist me in putting my foot into my mouth.

Again, I do however wish Empire/Hudson Valley Paramedics

including the new management all the best.

It could have been worse..

It could be CMTI PRU 8! lol

As far as I know we have no supervisors who have been promoted recently who worked in the field, that having been said if you feel patient care was grossly compromised (as your sttaement makes it sound) as a profesional you would have an ethical obligation to report this to some authority (either region or state).

This incident happened a while back. I did report it, went through my chain of command starting with the EMS Lt and it ended up with the Chief and the person in charge of EMS in Putnam. I also documented it heavily on my PCR. But like I said it happened quite some time ago. I am hopping nothing like that happens again.

I saw an ambulance on 172 yesterday with the new Hudson Valley Paramedics paint job. Sharp looking ambulance and paint job.

Trancare got the Putnam contract. I guess this will spell the end for Empire/HVP. They have nothing left in Dutchess and Ulster is hanging by a thread.

Trancare got the Putnam contract. I guess this will spell the end for Empire/HVP. They have nothing left in Dutchess and Ulster is hanging by a thread.

I was wondering what would happen to them if they lost Putnam. Time will tell. Best of luck to all the EMTs and medics involved.

I was wondering what would happen to them if they lost Putnam. Time will tell. Best of luck to all the EMTs and medics involved.

They have assured everyone that there jobs to be had and have asked for everyone to be patient. With regard to this spelling the end of Empire State/ Hudson Valley Paramedics I do not believe that Mr. Witkowski would have left the comfie confines of Regional/RPS if he was not sure that he could make this company a success. It should be interesting to see what unfolds over the next month and a half.

Regional comfy? Apparently you haven't been in Orange County lately.

Regional comfy? Apparently you haven't been in Orange County lately.

Actually I have since I live there and before you say anything I know full well about Regional losing St. Luke/Cornwall, Mobile Life is now doing the work out of there, and New Windsor is going to be a full ALS provider for themselves and the Town of Cornwall. But Regional knew full well about New Windsor wanting to go full ALS and alot of what has happened to Regional in Orange County has happened since Mike has left. Mike left a position with Regional/RPS and ventured out on his own. I don't know if what has happened in Orange to Regional would have happened on his watch. I have heard through the grapevine that HVP is looking at contracts in Orange as well as Dutchess. Ulster county has always been a crapshoot at best for the most part it is a Mobile Life strond hold, except for those areas that provide their own ALS Shandanken, Saugerities etc. As I wrote earlier the next month and half should be interesting remeber the Putnam contract becomes Transcare's at midnight on 10/01/08.

Actually I have since I live there and before you say anything I know full well about Regional losing St. Luke/Cornwall, Mobile Life is now doing the work out of there, and New Windsor is going to be a full ALS provider for themselves and the Town of Cornwall. But Regional knew full well about New Windsor wanting to go full ALS and alot of what has happened to Regional in Orange County has happened since Mike has left. Mike left a position with Regional/RPS and ventured out on his own. I don't know if what has happened in Orange to Regional would have happened on his watch. I have heard through the grapevine that HVP is looking at contracts in Orange as well as Dutchess. Ulster county has always been a crapshoot at best for the most part it is a Mobile Life strond hold, except for those areas that provide their own ALS Shandanken, Saugerities etc. As I wrote earlier the next month and half should be interesting remeber the Putnam contract becomes Transcare's at midnight on 10/01/08.

Well I get the feeling that Mike wasn't getting the support from the south end of Regional that he needed to grow the operation in Orange County. I'm not privy to any of the information about Luke's and Cornwall (and if I was, I obviously couldn't write it here), but as far as the ALS mutual aid contracts were concerned, they are selling their municipalities short and I don't think that was Mike's doing at all, but the unwillingness of the powers-that-be down south to give him the needed resources.

As far as New Windsor and Cornwall are concerned, you are correct, NWVAC is soon going to be a full ALS provider. I don't know what's going to happen to Cornwall, because I would think that NWVAC couldn't legally provide ALS to them and I can't imagine Regional would keep a presence here for that small call volume, but who am I to guess. I live in New Windsor and personally I'm happy to know that I'll have a full-time provider for my town.

I wish the employees at HVP the best, because although they are the competition, they all have mouths to feed and rent to pay and we are all brothers and sisters in different uniforms.

Does Transcare have a base in Putnam County? Where is their nearest garage? Where will they be working out of? Fly cars? #Ambulances, combination? ALS & BLS units for 911 jobs? Anyone have any info???

Does Transcare have a base in Putnam County? Where is their nearest garage? Where will they be working out of? Fly cars? #Ambulances, combination? ALS & BLS units for 911 jobs? Anyone have any info???

Transcare's closest station is the old Sloper-Willen hq in Wappingers

Transcare's closest station is the old Sloper-Willen hq in Wappingers

Don't forget, they have a plethera of resources not too far south of putnam, so i suppose it wouldn't be too hard for them to secure a building/ sattelite stations, and fill them with apparatus. I would think Mount Vernon/WHite Plains is a bit closer than wappingers. And, They do not pull their 911 rigs for transports. They remain dedicated. Period. They have been known to do the exact opposite, and pull transport rigs into the 911 system if they get hammered with call volume.

Edited by EFFP411

Don't forget, they have a plethera of resources not too far south of putnam, so i suppose it wouldn't be too hard for them to secure a building/ sattelite stations, and fill them with apparatus. I would think Mount Vernon/WHite Plains is a bit closer than wappingers. And, They do not pull their 911 rigs for transports. They remain dedicated. Period. They have been known to do the exact opposite, and pull transport rigs into the 911 system if they get hammered with call volume.

Wappingers is MUCH closer than MV/White Plains.

Wappingers is MUCH closer than MV/White Plains.

Well considering they only keep the two town of wappingers rigs, and an odd txp truck here and there in the wappingers building, i guess they will be buying/renting a building in putnam..... My mistake

Well considering they only keep the two town of wappingers rigs, and an odd txp truck here and there in the wappingers building, i guess they will be buying/renting a building in putnam..... My mistake

Maybe they might keep some more spare trucks in Wappingers. Just a thought. Lets not Worry about how Transcare is going to conduct their Putnam Operation. I'm sure they already figured out most of the logistics. I'm sure that when October 1st comes everything and everyone will be in place. Lets face it this is not the 1st time the Putnam contract has switched hands.

Maybe they might keep some more spare trucks in Wappingers. Just a thought. Lets not Worry about how Transcare is going to conduct their Putnam Operation. I'm sure they already figured out most of the logistics. I'm sure that when October 1st comes everything and everyone will be in place. Lets face it this is not the 1st time the Putnam contract has switched hands.

This is true, and i'm sure it won't be the last either