Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oswegowind

Schroeder St Security to blame for what?

Police/Security Measures in Housing Projects...   12 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Bad

• Good?
    • Bad?
    • Who Cares?
  2. 2. Police Reason for Gang violence?

• Agree?
    • Disagree?
    • Who Cares?
  3. 3. Journal News trying to stir up more controversy?

• Agree?
    • Disagree?
  4. 4. Mr. Bostic (head of Nepperhan Community Center) trying to get more funding?

• Agree?
    • Disagree?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

LoHud and Jim Bostic (who is usually right on) have got to be kidding!!!!

Security fence blamed for rise in violence
LoHud article in full!

Schlobaum or Schroeder St. has always been a very run down, violent area. Until MHA and the Yonkers PD took on an initiative to lock down the site to residents. There has been a seriously visible reduction in crime and violence in the projects since the demo of Mulford began and the security started at Schroeder!

Now, Mr. Bostic and LoHud (The Journal News) want to blame the good for the bad. Are you kidding me? That's right...now the police are the cause of gang violence! Since the gangs involved in the recent violence seem to be the Lawrence Street Posse and the Vatos Locos...and the 167 or something out of the Bronx! I don't think any of those "organizations" come out of Schlobaum! I am not in the gang unit though...but I cannot recall the last time I got a call about gang activity in the projects! Maybe other than Calgano (School St)!

Wasnt there always a fence and a security booph at Slowbombs?

That's the same guy that invented the "Gates Of Hell" and the ficticious gang intiation ritual therein. The media believes everything that wack job says.

These so called community leaders blame everybody else but themselves. They are eternal victims. Put the blame where it really belongs--on absentee fathers and the entire harmful culture of illegitimate fathering.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital