Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers FD 2 New ALF T/L Deliveries

44 posts in this topic

Danger we NEED those 95' TLs for three reasons. Now listen closely as I'm only going to say this once. Are you ready... 1. We don't always have the best access and need to get around the first due engine without using those pain the heiney ground ladders (no hydraulics at all). 2. FDNY drew up their mutual aid agreement with Westchester for a reason and we must be ready. 3. The look f*g amazing in parades.

Now before any of you get upset about this. These are are all actual reasons why I have heard people justify TLs in Westchester or LI. Ohh yeah, and my personal favorite...if there's ever a fire (insert location) we need to be able to reach over the railroad tracks to get water onto the rear of the structure. This ladder placement would be about 200' away and due to trees and power lines unable to actually cross the tracks.

I am curious to know about how the agency/dealer/manufacturer relationship that Yonkers has/had with American LaFrance while they are restructuring.

What was the experience like?

Looks like a large diamond plate storage area behind the signs on the ladder? I assume for roof ladders, saws etc?

Nice rigs good luck:)

Stokes Basket, Backboard, KED and associated gear are stored in there.

Stokes Basket, Backboard, KED and associated gear are stored in there.

Chief when are the new T/L's going in-service with the companies.

Hope all is good with you.

Chris

Chief when are the new T/L's going in-service with the companies.

Hope all is good with you.

Chris

Hi Chris,

They're doing training each day with the members of the two companies. We should see them in service when that's finished...

Edited by batt2

Hey when you guys in yonkers put a rig out of service do you just "GIVE THEM AWAY TO FRIENDS" ? or are their channels that you have to go through? lol

Hey Hudson maybe they will letter the Mack T/L up for FDMV and send it across the border so you guy's will a have a working spare................. ;)

Edited by CPAGE

I don't know if that is correct. I have a friend in Rescue #1 and they have been with out the 2007 Pierce rig for 4 months now and they are out of service every day because the spares are unsafe crap according to him.

I believe that R1 just got their rig back. I believe that the reason it was OOS for the past months was due to a MVA they were involved in. Not to mechanical reasons.

Dilliondotcom I have news for you, the present rescue rigs in service and used by R 2,3,4, and 5 are NOT in great shape. They are falling apart.

I dont know about falling apart, but bids and orders are being placed for new rigs for rescues. When these new rigs arrive and the current ones are placed into reserve, I dont think they will be bad spares for rescue to use.

I dont know about falling apart, but bids and orders are being placed for new rigs for rescues. When these new rigs arrive and the current ones are placed into reserve, I dont think they will be bad spares for rescue to use.

I sent you a pm on this subject since this is going WAY off the topic thread.