Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
E1E2TL3

Vacant Property Security

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have these in their district?

http://www.vententersearch.com/supplemental/vpsfdny.pdf

http://www.vententersearch.com/supplemental/vpsbcfd.pdf

While I don't have these, it's possible to find them in a neighboring district.

I'm not on the job in Bridgeport CT but I saw on another website that Bridgeport has them in some pictures i saw. We have the most vacants in our city in a long long time i wonder if these will pop up in Stamford soon.

Anybody from BFD might be able to confirm these systems.

Thanks for posting this..I wasn't aware these even existed. What will they think of next to hamper us.

We don't have them yet here but you can rest assured that these will pop up everywhere. I have not had the "pleasure" of dealing with these as of yet, but I will now do all I can to learn about them and pass the word. As was pointed out in the FDNY bulletin these types of security measures will be extremely dangerous to run into unprepared. And could be found in occupied buildings as well.

Just goes to show that we must always keep aware of what's going on in our response areas. Complacancy = Death !!!

Thanks again for the heads up

Stay Safe

Cogs

Thank you for sharing this with us, I saved the power point and will use it at our next forcible entry drill. Thanks.

Here is a link to a member of the BFDs photo website. He did a gallery of these devices from outside and in.

Fireground Images, Vacant Building Security

I am no longer at HQ, but if I am not mistaken, those guys were given one by Habitat or some other group to look at and train with.

Edited by FFNick

Ya pretty sure you are not gonna be popping those to quickly if you needed to get out fast. We don't have them around here yet but i am sure we will run into them eventually. Take a look at the pics here. you can basically see day light if you were trying to get out them BAM you are not just gonna pop that out. Hopefully someone figures out a technique for speeding up the removal when we are on scene.

Stay safe

Thank you for sharing this with us, I saved the power point and will use it at our next forcible entry drill. Thanks.

Anytime :rolleyes: Glad you are putting it to good use.