Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GFD70

WPFD Special Operations

10 posts in this topic

I heard a rumor that WPFD is going to turn Station 4 on lexington Ave (currently houses Fire Prevention offices) into the Special Operations HQ. Sta. 4 would become home to Rescue 88 and I would also assume the Squad bus and any other special equipment. I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about this.

I see you posted this a while ago, and although the plan is still in place the project has not yet been funded. The plan is to renovate the second floor of station #2 on Ferris Ave and move the fire prevention offices to that location. Once this is accomplished and fire prevention is moved out of station #4, that station will be renovated. The new Tennants will be Rescue #88 and WPPD ESU Truck #1. The Building will actualy be the White Plains Department of Public Safety Special Operations House.

Thanks Lieut2. I didn't realize WPPD was involved too. Should be interesting to see how FD and PD get along in the same house.

Why is the City Of White Plains so stingy?

They seem to be a thriving city with a nice tax base, and they seem to be frugal with a lot of their expenditures, so they must have a decent amount of money to at least renovate the station.

As for ESU being in the station, doesn't ESU patrol?

ESU Truck #1 will be on patrol but this will be there base of operations

wp trivia question

when was the last time an engine ran out of station 4 ?

the last time a engine ran out of station #4 was approx. l978, when the new Station #2 opened on ferris ave. then Engine #4 was relocated to run out of that station.

Out of curiosity, when was the last time a rig ran out of Sta. 5 on Robertson Ave. off Tarrytown Rd.??

Engine #5 was (temporarily) closed approx. l969 due to a lack of work, if I recall correctly they did less than l00 ride a year. Engine #4 rode out of the house during the day shift for approx. a year during the early eighties while they were reconstructing the Main Street bridge.

see lt only 27 years to re-open a fire house.

Who says years of tradition cant be changed with foward progress. Its going to be nice to have the rescue in the old neighborhood. =D>