Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mahopacfire2003

Engine 260 Muster

33 posts in this topic

Well its that time of year again. The annual Engine 260 muster is coming up on September 6th, 2008. The day includes a parade of all the apparatus both old and new( Vehicles used to transport people there such and chief cars, ect.) to the muster field. Followed by judging of the apparatus, games, raffles, and of course the flea market. All in all its one big day of fun for those who injoy what they do. So the big question, who's going and what vehicle are you bringing?

Mahopac will be attening as always with some one the best people you could hang out with which makes a day like that even better or as we say " it makes the comradery".....not sure what truck we are bringing yet?

post-7730-1220381849.jpg

lake carmel explorers will be there, bringing 18?? for competitons, and 17 13 and 17 81 for transportation

Wait, why is this in the Putnam County thread? Allingtown Engine 8, West Haven Engine 23 and West Haven Truck 26 are going.

I,ll be there selling T-shirts, hats patches etc. in my booth at the flea market, stop by. Unfortunately the forecast is for rain on saturday.

I,ll be there selling T-shirts, hats patches etc. in my booth at the flea market, stop by. Unfortunately the forecast is for rain on saturday.

Come on Paul, :rolleyes: Happy Thoughts!

Columbian Engine from Peekskill will be bringing our Muster truck the company bought a couple years back

Edited by 131PFD

if they do go to the rain date will it be announced on here.

The rain date is the next day but i agree with eddie...."think happy thoughts"

Hey Paul... why don't you sell umberellas and ponchos? Or do they sell better on sunny days?

Well is it on???

As of right now yes. They will decide by tonight if it will still be on or not because of the rain coming. With the wether reports it looks like the rain is going to hold off up here until later on that night. But this in New England and the weather can change in a second.

If I hear that the rain date has been activated I'll post it here.

we have cancelled our hotel rooms for tonight, and see tomorrow about coming out- we may get there, but coming home in the storm isn't something we're looking forward to

Chief says no- and we have all the jr's with us, so we will either be out sat or sun am- we may need a truck for midnight alarm though, can u help us out?- depending what mahopac does

The 96th Annual Rockland County Volunteer Fireman's Association Parade for tomorrow in Suffern has been canceled. Unsure at this time if it will be rescheduled. I am sure the muster will be canceled for tomorrow as well. Might take a ride up if it is on Sunday !

Per the Engine 260 Hotline, the show goes on!

Well think happy thoughts that it goes through, lake carmel is coming up in the am, pending no rain in CT and coming home as soon as it starts raining- hopefully things will be organized and everything will go quickly

It's gonna be cool doing baby climb in hurricane force winds. Good thing I foot the ladder so I don't have to worry about getting blown away.

Edited by texastom791

Mrs.Scott ofcourse we can help you just let us know when you get there shouldnt be a problem

ed and i will be leaving here @ 6ish to stay over at red roof see ya there!

So far it sounds like the muster is still on. Have fun guys.

Mrs.Scott ofcourse we can help you just let us know when you get there shouldnt be a problem

what truck are you guys bringing up?

if they have the park also on sunday it would be half retarded to have it on saturday it is going to be beautiful on sunday no one is going to come on saturday with all the pump outs wires down trees down have it on sunday you are garunteed instead of a crap shoot

The idea is to get most, if not all of the events done during the 7 hour window between the morning rain and the late afternoon/evening storm. Maybe it will work, maybe not. Guess we'll find out.

Muster was sucessful- small turnout, but fun anyway

Mohegan- thanks for the hospitality Fri night

What a bummer, had planned on heading up tomorrow morning, now what will I do ? Anyone have pics ?

Some Milford Results

Tug-O-War Champion-Jr Division Lake Carmel Explorer Post 2041

Best Motorized Apparatus-Department Owned Mahopac 18-2-1 1977 Oren

Best Motorized Apparatus-Private Owned Ex-Mahopac 18-2-2 1977 Oren now owned by Mahopac Ex-Captain Mike Klein

Screw Hanna, we had a great time in spite of her.

Screw Hanna, we had a great time in spite of her.

Hope you all had fun. I got drenched at the Buffet Concert!

(One of these years our '62 'LaFracne will beat Mahopac!!!)

Some photos and article at www.moheganfire.com