Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

Arlington 9/6/08 Structure Fires

12 posts in this topic

Date: 9/6/08

Time:09:33 (Mountain Brook Apts) 18:23 (Vero Dr)

Frequency: Dutchess 911, AFD F/G, PVFD F/G, FG/5/6

Units Operating: Arlington 32-11,14,16,45,46,52,71,89; Pleasant Valley 56-55 (FAST), 13 relocated AFD Sta 4, City of Poughkeepsie E 2 Ladder 2 (57-12,46), Lagrange 47-12, TPPD, CHGE, County Car 12,Alamo EMS

Description Of Incident: 3 Alarm Fire in Mountain Brook Apts, Fire started in Mattress of Apt, 2nd Alarm Fire 76 Vero Dr/Kitchen Fire w/extensions

Writer: SPFC56-233

PojoNews.com Mountain Brook Article (Photos and Video)

PojoNews.com 76 Vero Dr Article

5 Alarms of fire for the big A today and no injuries, job well done.

busy day

It was a good day! Everyone at Mountain Brook did a fine job. Nice to work with city station 2. No x134, I did not leave early nor did I have the flu this time. :rolleyes:

Poor kitty in the video, lady was carrying her dead cat around. Meow

I love the comments some left on the POJO site

Especially when its two cops evacuating 16 apartments. And finally it took the firefighters 30 min to hook up the pump from half a block away to finally start the fire even though their trucks come with water already on it.

Im the guy in the interview for this fire. I live in Tthe front of P and the fire originated in the back. I just wanna say that the news is bias and works solely for the government. Why? Because alot of what I said was not aired. I let them know about how the arlington fire department and the apartment complex dropped the ball. Heres what they didnt show

1) They had to use a different hydrant than the closest one because there was no water pressure, arent they supposed to inspect these things.

2)The smoke detecters didnt go off in the hallway of our apartments as well as the apartment itself. Granted inside were probably responsible but in the hallway the complex is and they didnt take care of it.

3)There were no sirens present at all, not from the police or fire department my poor neighbor mightve been able to save her cats if she had fair warning, since we all know we go to see whats happening when we hear sirens. Police not even firefighters knocking on the door is not enough.

There are more on the site

Not that it needs to be justified, and in no way are these official positions of AFD, but hydrant testing is done by Town Water, not Arlington, and as stated on PoJo, vehicle sirens are not evacuation alerts. I can assure you the sirens were used en route to the call. If anyone stands on the Q while pumping to alert the neighbors, I'd love to shake your hand.

As far as the cat, feline CPR was performed by a heroic AFD Medic and EMTBravo member

Was Drum working???????????????????????????????????????

NICE PICTURE ON DA ROOF CRONK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!K

Here again a resident that dosen't know what they are talking about. There was no pressure or water problems. The guys got in quickly and only had 5 Firefighters on arrival. It was a very hard stretch into the appartment and the guys had to look for it. The appartments had a weird layout. When they finally got through the living room they were met with intence heat. They finnaly found it in the back 2 bedrooms and knocked it down. There were smoke detectors in the halls and they are hard wired into the electric, I saw them, and the lights were still lit. Arlington hit the first plug they passed on the way to the building. The city was asked to hit the plug on Corlies and put the bucket up and streach two more lines. As far as alarms going off ,the resident in this article should complain to the complex about why in an appartment building that houses 16 families, why isn't there a automatic fire alarm system?

No 129K , We got called back for a little o.t.

Edited by x134

Nice.......goo0d stop, especially looking at the "smoky" pics on www.local596.com ................was thermal imaging used on the initial attack?

Yes, but not right away. 32-16 was first due because they were on another run , and 32-16 does not have a T.I.C.

More photos of job at www.local596.com

Go to the photo section of web page. K

Edited by sklov5949

Not that it needs to be justified, and in no way are these official positions of AFD, but hydrant testing is done by Town Water, not Arlington, and as stated on PoJo, vehicle sirens are not evacuation alerts. I can assure you the sirens were used en route to the call. If anyone stands on the Q while pumping to alert the neighbors, I'd love to shake your hand.

As far as the cat, feline CPR was performed by a heroic AFD Medic and EMTBravo member

As per Arlington Animal Hospital following the incident the cat was under observation however stable and was either released last night or today :P

An Excellent job by all and looking forward to the post incident review.

It was pretty intense pulling the line to the misting fan.. LOL.. damn rotation ;)

As per Arlington Animal Hospital following the incident the cat was under observation however stable and was either released last night or today :P

An Excellent job by all and looking forward to the post incident review.

It was pretty intense pulling the line to the misting fan.. LOL.. damn rotation ;)

Rich am I correct when saying congratulations and you should be awaiting a cpr save pin . :-)

Edited by SPFC56-233