Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Training Disaster in the Making.

32 posts in this topic

http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/a...nId=46&id=38373

here is the fire department trying to cover their butts. i love how it was all "planned" and that it was just miss represented in the article. looked like a mess to me in the pics. When are we gonna learn you just need to say "hey we had a drill that looked good on paper, but in reality was no conforming to the NFPA code." they say there were 15 guys fighting this fire. From looking at the pictures i think they may have needed a few extra guys.

Poovey said the exercise only simulated a real fire call. "Our firemen were standing beside the trucks at our station when this event took place. They were sitting there waiting on it," he said.

At least the a**t Chief admits that 1403 was not followed by this statement. What good are the "firemen" and "trucks" going to do at the station if $hit hits the fan prior to their arrival?

They responded to the structure fire with lights and sirens, but had notified area public safety officials in advance.

I guess by notifying officials in advance would limit any liability in the event of an accident. Since the structure was being written off, there must not have been a "true emergency".

I think those involved in this "drill" should say no more.