x635

Fire Apparatus Journal Sep-Oct 2008

7 posts in this topic

In the Septemeber-October 2008 edition of Fire Apparatus Journal Magazine:

Of interest to this area:

-Front cover shot of Yonkers FD's New Mobile Command Center

-Photo Of Mount Kisco's New Ladder 43

-Photo of Harrison's New Engine

-Special Feature About Yonkers FD's New Special Operations vehicles, including a photo of their new Freightliner/Hackney Tractor Trailer

All and all, I think this is one of my favorite issues of the year so far....just dissapointed that the new Hartsdale E-170 didn't make it. I really would love to see a nice in service shot by Joe Pinto. Maybe next issue ;-)

If you don't have a subscribtion, you can order the current (or past) issues from:

http://www.fireapparatusjournal.com/

or

http://www.fire-police-ems.com/books/bf020809.shtml

just a note there was a write up on E-170, the info on the old 170 pierce is wrong , it is a 2000 pierce dash 2000 gpm 500 gal tank... not a 1991 lance 1500gal per min..

old 170 is now 171

the 4 guys engine is now 170

Were the extrication tools from the former Pierce Engine 170 moved to current E-169, or kept on the new E-171 to keep it a full spare?

Also, what was the disposition of the old E-171?

all extrication equipment old plus some new things were placed on new E-170.. More equipment is on order and or pending final approval.

the pierce x-170 now 171 retains all the mounting brackets so they can be moved in the event 170 goes out of service..

The Ward lafrance x171 is still at station 2.. it is out of service..

Edited by HFD23

While on the topic of FAJ, did Scarsdale get a new truck and I missed it in there?

While on the topic of FAJ, did Scarsdale get a new truck and I missed it in there?

Yes a new Ladder 28.. its a crimson i believe 103Ft aerial..

I was surprised to see that particular photo of Harrison's new engine in print.....seeing as how it wasn't fully lettered yet. Wonder if we'll see a completed "update" later on?