Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
10-Buff-4

Dodge Magnum Police Package?

11 posts in this topic

I'm curious, was there really a Magnum Police Package and did it catch on anywhere? Seems a little like a throwback to those LAPD Sergeant's wagons of old. I wondered because there was the Matchbox Magnum Police Car (not the best litmus test, I know.) Thanks.

-Joe DA BUFF, wondering what a WCPD or NYPD Magnum woulda looked like speeding along!

I'm curious, was there really a Magnum Police Package and did it catch on anywhere? Seems a little like a throwback to those LAPD Sergeant's wagons of old. I wondered because there was the Matchbox Magnum Police Car (not the best litmus test, I know.) Thanks.

-Joe DA BUFF, wondering what a WCPD or NYPD Magnum woulda looked like speeding along!

hey joe,go on copcarsite.com or into dodge's website and you will find the answers you seek :)

Bridgeport has at least one for a K9 unit, seems like thats what they would be best suited for. Plenty of room for the partner and all.

Florida Highway Patrol has a bunch of them unmarked in charcoal, black, or navy. I mostly see them on the I-75 corridor between Tampa and Ft. Myers

I know the chargers are very popular in the police service the dodge magnums are out there but are not to popular. They would be good for a k9 unit or anyone that needs to carry more equipment.

The new Dodges are nice. Good pick up off the line and decent handeling. As for the room in the car. I beg to differ. I think it's very tight. This is especially true if you have the computer, shotgun and radio. Just imagine adding the in car camera and a moving radar unit . The trunk is also small. Our unit had to buy smaller traffic cones so the Dodges could carry some in addition to flares.

I believe the Dodge Magnum has been discontinued effective with the 2008 models.

Hoepfully, Dodge will start focusing on making more fuel efficient vehicles (SUV's) that also have style and comfort.

There out there you just gotta look and as everyone stated most of them are good for K-9's

post-6811-1224292447.jpg

post-6811-1224292560.jpg

post-6811-1224292592.jpg

post-6811-1224292790.jpg

post-6811-1224292810.jpg

Edited by texastom791

Especially with tints and 22's!

Oswego I found one for you too.

post-6811-1224292953.jpg

post-6811-1224292974.jpg

Thanks for sharing! All of them looked good, nice to see one in GSP Colors!

-Joe DA BUFF, who got to drive a Charger once!