Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x648eng119

A long overdue switch for Croton FD

30 posts in this topic

Believe it or not, after being talked about for 3 or more years... The papers got signed yesterday for the Croton Fire Department to make the switch to full time dispatch by 60 Control. The scheduled date is October 1st, 2008. Thanks to the hard work of 2083/642/remember585, all of the alarm assignments are programmed and ready to go, so it should be an easy transition.

No, Just the FD for now. I'm sure EMS will be sometime in the near future though.

No, Just the FD for now. I'm sure EMS will be sometime in the near future though.

You should probably leave the "Public Information" stuff to us Chiefs...

Nothing is completed - yet - but it will be very soon.

Croton EMS is also making the switch with Croton FD.

When it is all said and done, the official word will be dropped.

I heard differently from the chief, i guess even he can be wrong sometimes! lol

Don't worry, nobody on here will leak the info. It will be our secret :rolleyes:

Yeah, just like EJS1810 just said it will be our little secret

we only have 8,353 members of EMTBravo! lol

No one heard anything, Got it? (Tony Soprano Look)

:P

Don't worry, nobody on here will leak the info. It will be our secret :rolleyes:

It's already been announced on BNN! :P

good now some of us peons will know too. :lol:

Is the County planning on adding dispatchers or increase shift staffing with this addition?

Everyone in western CT hasn't hear nothing yet....wait, what where we talking about! EARMUFFS!!!!

LOL :lol:

Is the County planning on adding dispatchers or increase shift staffing with this addition?

LOL...... You know, I really needed a good laugh today.

Croton Has a Fire Department???? I thought the cops did everything.

I know this change has been fought for for many years now, and am glad that Croton FD is making the switch. I'm also glad it was "heard here first", because that's what this forum is for. I hope other communities follow suit....

A Croton & Dispatching thread with 12 replies already and nobody has mentioned White Castle? Goose, don't worry about 60-Control hiring extra Dispatchers, worry about how they are gonna handle the extra belly-bomb runs.

beat me 2 it EJS... I was going to ask if the switch was so Remember could get the order from everyone at control for white castle :lol::lol::lol: ... J/K chief!!!

LOL...... You know, I really needed a good laugh today.

Croton Has a Fire Department???? I thought the cops did everything.

I wonder what Croton PD will do with all the free time?

0419 ems dispatched to 111 grand st woman in labor

0426 Police on scene report delivering baby

I guess they do everything!

Great some one mentioned White Castle and I'm stuck in fire alarm at Foxwoods and starving!!!!!!

I wonder what Croton PD will do with all the free time?

0419 ems dispatched to 111 grand st woman in labor

0426 Police on scene report delivering baby

I guess they do everything!

Funny you mention that...

In the last year, 2 babies have been delivered by emergency personell in Croton... This one by the cops, and the last one by TANKER 10! T10 has a stork on it, maybe the cops will follow suit! :P

Wow, there is a God! I was tired of hearing...well you know cause you all listen too.

Oswego you aren't refering to the famous "Check & Advise" are you??? Never heard that from me when I was on the desk.

i really dont see what was so funny about my question...

AWW I am gonna miss hearing 438 Croton Police To Croton FD LOL Great Job for Switching to an almost Central Dispatch Center.

Actually Goose I do, but I'm close friends and colleagues with many of 60's dispatchers. He's not laughing at your question..but more the idea behind it.

Oswego you aren't refering to the famous "Check & Advise" are you??? Never heard that from me when I was on the desk.

That would have required you to wake up and we all know nobody wants to do that on a midnight!!! :P

Edited by khas143

Kenny you know me so well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is so funny is..... Since 2000 60 Control has taken on 14 departments and has trippled it's call volume. All with no additional personnel. Your right it's not funny. But either laugh or cry. So I laugh.

For those of you who care, as of today 10/1/08, Croton FD and Croton EMS are now dispatched Full Time by 60 Control.

A huge thanks to the CAD Division for all of their time, patience and expertise helping us make a near seemless switch.

Many thanks to CC5, 614, 626, 629, 644 and everyone else that helped us get things done.

:lol:

See some of you tonight at shift change! :P

Awesome another one down...several more to go which is a common sense switch and better service. Maybe someday we'll be able to have proper mutual aid systems based on staffing without having to contact 4 different dispatchers.

Great some one mentioned White Castle and I'm stuck in fire alarm at Foxwoods and starving!!!!!!

Wait a minute....Izzy you work for the Foxwoods FD? PM me we have to talk comps...lol.