Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFD941

Mysterious Post Changes

12 posts in this topic

Just wondering, and it could be an easy answer, how come when an incident alert is written, and may not be fully completed, it mysterious ends up with aditional information added or changed?

I can see some, very little items, being changed by moderators, but I feel that this is almost like a censorship sometimes. Things get mysteriously changed and added.

By no means is this an attack or outburst on any one person or the site, I am just curious...

Well I posted one last night barn fire in milan) and I edited it myself, I was missing a few small details and for some reason when I went to add a reply to updated it I got I wasn't verified, which I am, so I just went back to the original post and edited it, not sure if this is what you meant but I did my own edit job!!

Mark

Edited by markmets415

Well I posted one last night 9barn fire in milan) and I edited it myself, I was missing a few small details and for some reason when I went to add a reply to updated it I got I wasn't verified, which I am, so I just went back to the original post and edited it, not sure if this is what you meant but I did my own edit job!!

Mark

:blink: YES, SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME.

Nope what I'm talking about was that someone editted my incident alert without a ) my knowledge or b ) my aproval

Edited by FFD941

ok

Nope what I'm talking about was that someone editted my incident alert without a) my knowledge or my aproval

That's happened to me a couple of times don't worry about it .

Where the changes wrong?

I have changed posts for spelling errors or if I have knowledge of the Incident. as well it is the Moderators that can due it maybe they where the ones that did .

I have seen in plenty of Posts it written if you have any additional info PM the Moderator for additional updated information.

I too, will correct spelling and grammar errors. If I have Knowledge of an incident, I may correct something.

how about when IAs get deleted?

IA's get deleted when they're NOT incidents.

Let me add, so do certain other unproductive posts regardless where they are, for that matter.

how about when IAs get deleted?

Incident Alerts are for significant incidents only (MCI, 2nd Alarm or greater fire, Fire with Fatality, TC with extrication, etc). There have been IAs posted before anyone got onscene where it turned out to be nothing or a small fire. The IA board was not created for every incident in the world....

The main reasons why an Incident Alert gets edited or deleted is because of the member, NOT because of the staff. To even suggest that we are "censoring" incident alerts is probaly one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard, and a downright insult to me.

The staff of this forum work tirelessly to keep up with fact-checking (through various sources), correcting formating errors, and correcting grammar and spelling. Correcting the topic titles seems to be a never ending issue. They also merge IA's when the same incident is posted twice by different members. Additionally, they add information they get from PM's and other sources.

The main reason an Incident Alert is deleted, is mentioned above. An car fire, inside smoke investigation, rubbish fire, MVA w/ no special circumstance, and all other "routine" incidents are NOT considered Incidents.

If you take the time to read the information posted in the "Information For Incident Alert Writers" section, all of this is explained.

The Incident Alert section wouldn't be what it is without the hard work of our staff, and they deserve thanks, not unfounded ridicule.

And, ONCE AGAIN, if you have a question about moderation, posts, or any issues regarding this forum....PLEASE CONTACT A STAFF MEMBER so the issue can be explained and/or handled.