Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NHFD21255

Continental Village Working Fire Pics

7 posts in this topic

I dont see any smoke damage either, just alot of broken windows, nice clear and quality photos by the way

Edited by markmets415

Forget the thing with the waist strap the fire was out and does anyone know why the putnam hazmat team was called to the scene

the original post said something about chems in the basement, I was wondering the outcome myself

Forget the thing with the waist strap the fire was out and does anyone know why the putnam hazmat team was called to the scene

To quote an "inside source":

"A can of spray insulation was covered in debris, and it blew up in the faces of the investigators and one of the CVFD guys"

Interesting note. I was on the entry team and I don't recall being informed about any can of spray insulation anywhere. And by entry team I am referring to PCHMRT entry, not FD entry. Yes there were aerosol cans in the fire room. No it didn't look like spray insulation. Yes 2 investigators were sent to the hospital for evaluation--they were treated and released.

After initial size up, runoff testing, and air sampling--it was determined that the contents were ordinary household consumables. There were a few ruptured containers mostly food containers, and also a few aerosol cans.

thanks for the update PV, one can never know what the hell is stored these days.