Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RescueKujo

September Southern California Photo Tour

39 posts in this topic

The Crowns have been removed from service. The old E-269 is now in the hands of the Museum, along with a few others. Duane might be able to correct me here, but I think 269 got a Pierce, or old Van Pelt.

Joe, as far as I know, the only Crowns still in service are Brush 11 with the Burbank Fire Department, Truck 261R of the Redlands Fire Department in San Bernardino County, and Hose Tender 2 and Foam Tender 36 of the Orange County Fire Authority. See below:

post-5252-1223352270.jpg

post-5252-1223352346.jpg

post-5252-1223352374.jpg

post-5252-1223352394.jpg

Many thanks for the prompt answer Duane, and excellent photos. I don't know why I thought that 269 was still a Crown. Hmm. Oh well. Best of luck with your continued firematic-photographic endeavors and thanks for sharing them!

-Joe DA BUFF

Joe,

You're very welcome. And don't feel bad, E-269's Crown was only replaced in the last few months. They're using a 1991 Pierce Arrow now. There are a few Crowns at the yard in Pacoima for LACoFD, but if they're there, they're being readied for auction.... :(:(

More tillers:

Middletown, NY

Rutherford, NJ

Ridgefield Park, NJ

Cliffside Park, NJ

Garfield, NJ

Freeport, NY

Glen Cove, NY

Elmont, NY

.....and add me to the "green monster" list of those who couldn't make it out West. Maybe one of these years....

Andy,

Anytime, buddy...just let me know...

DUane!!! Those are some great photographs!!! Thanks for sharing!! Oh, yeah, and keep 'em coming!