Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gpdexplorer

Man arrested after moving ambulance

12 posts in this topic

Unbeknownst to the ambulance crew, they probably saved someone's life by accidentally blocking this bonehead in. The headline is a bit deceiving.

some people...hopefully he does not reproduce...

That's why I keep my sh!tbox locked... Too many yahoos out there.

on the flip side, I can not even count how many times I have had to more PD cars that were parked in the way of fire operations.... sometimes we all need to think about were we park emergency rigs, and the effects it many have on others....

That was great. It also reminds me of the jerk that called in on the radio to the dispatcher complaining that the ambulance was blocking her driveway. The crew was on a cpr call. I think it was down in UMDJ area.

Only in Eastern CT!!!! If anyone what's a show around "the zoo" out there, come on down!!! UGGG. Those guys and Gals from American ambulance take a lot of crap.

There is a BIG difference between one emergency crew moving another crews vehicle because it is blocking operations and some citizen moving an emergency vehicle because it is inconvenient for him.

And to think I was annoyed the other night when someone came and asked if I could move the ambulance at a fire standby. At least she came over to ask and didn't move my bus drunk. Then again, I wouldn't leave my bus unlocked in the middle of a parking lot.

I went on an unknown medical call in the City of Poughkeepsie at a hotel. When we puled up to the scene the limo driver told me not leave my bus there because the Bride was coming out in a few minutes........needless to say my medical emergency took precedence, 10 minutes later coming out with my patient that had a syncopal episode, had fallen and had a concussion and was pregnant my partner along with City fire walked past the wedding party :P ........boy did we get such looks becase we were inconviencing them.........

I went on an unknown medical call in the City of Poughkeepsie at a hotel. When we puled up to the scene the limo driver told me not leave my bus there because the Bride was coming out in a few minutes........needless to say my medical emergency took precedence, 10 minutes later coming out with my patient that had a syncopal episode, had fallen and had a concussion and was pregnant my partner along with City fire walked past the wedding party ........boy did we get such looks becase we were inconviencing them.........

If there was FD or PD on the scene, what would it of taken for them to work something out and move the vehicles around with the limo driver while you all were inside attending to the patient so he could get out and you could still have unimpeded access to get the patient loaded and out to the hospital. I am sure seeing as it was a hotel there was enough room for everybody. Not trying to discount the seriousness of the incident or the care of the patient, but what if it was the flip side of the coin and the patient RMA'd. If you were by yourselves it is one thing but we should think about the perception we present and act like concerned proffesionals if there is competent help around to help smooth things out. Just my 2 cents.

MFD The hotel in question has limited parking and access from the entrance Putting a ambulance,Limo Fire Engine and other people trying to get access to the parking garage for the hotel and a Civic Center it's a real pain in the butt. Your idea of maybe having someone help the driver is a good one and I think good for Customer service but with limited access it's a hard thing to accomplish.