Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Poughkeepsie Firefighters Save Landmark Post Office

41 posts in this topic

Picture015-2.jpg

Picture016-1.jpg

*** Steve - take these for the 596 site, if you need higher resolution, let me know - I am here till midnight.

FDPhotounit was 10-5, so there will be QUALITY pics later!

Hmm, look at that, two trucks. I hope the city hall people were able to see the great job City Fire did while they worked on the budget.

Hmm, look at that, two trucks. I hope the city hall people were able to see the great job City Fire did while they worked on the budget.

Excellent point!

I hope those pictures were not taken on the city's dime...LoL

Good Shots

I hope those pictures were not taken on the city's dime...LoL

Good Shots

Evidenciary value...... ;)

I guess Bill has no choice to post some because you caught that Fireman Picture Taker In Action, LOL. Great shots, I should have listen to my friend when he told me to go buff it. Great job boys, on all ends.

Thomas

A few more from the beginning.

post-1241-1224718399.jpg

Chief - your camera takes a GREAT picture! VERY crisp!

Excellent work by your men....saving a Poughkeepsie landmark.

Chief - your camera takes a GREAT picture! VERY crisp!

Excellent work by your men....saving a Poughkeepsie landmark.

Thanks Dan , it's nice to have good people to make us white shirts look good and as for the camera NIKON makes it look easy . Right Bill? ;)

Ya know, when TAPSJ texted me telling me about the fire, I ALMOST took my "lunch break" as well, x129k, lol!!

I am disappointed I didn't, seeing as I was at work just down the road!!

What was in that part of the structure? An old bell tower? Was there any access from the interior? Which idiot smoking caused it?

What was in that part of the structure? An old bell tower? Was there any access from the interior? Which idiot smoking caused it?

DFC278 can obviously give more info, but according to the police Chief there was an old bell in there....a really big, heavy, old bell....which could have been BAD if it dropped!

Per the local paper, poss cause was stripping paint with torches or a heat gun.......

Edited by x129K

Yea you should have Nate and on a techincality you are up the road not down, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Yea that is what I read too. At least people called it in or it would have been a bigger problem.

Thomas

Yea you should have Nate and on a techincality you are up the road not down, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. Yea that is what I read too. At least people called it in or it would have been a bigger problem.

Thomas

A whole LOT of poeple called this one in! :blink:

Great job by all and great photo's guy's...... Much better than the Journals photo's I might add..... I might sit this one out......... I have to see if I have anything that will complement your shots..... ;)

"Per the local paper, poss cause was stripping paint with torches or a heat gun....... "

Since when do we believe what we read in the Journal?????? The only time I believe them is when they write something about my job..... Somehow they always know before we do.... :lol:

Since when do we believe what we read in the Journal??????

They didn't earn the nickname "Poughkeepsie Urinal" for nothin'!!

Lets just say there is a video, an interview with a Chief stating the cause...........and on that video, a dispatcher transmits....and it is not me... <_<

Oh....and post them Bill!!!!

Edited by x129K

Come on Bill, you got the best shots from the other side. OK, OK no more Nikon or Canon comments B)

"OK, OK no more Nikon or Canon comments "

Ahhhhhh...... Bring em on....... I can take it ;)

I look forward to seeing them on your Smugmug site then.

Dan, I didn't get anything worthwhile..... It was your turn :P Nice shots Chief! ;)

Here's what I did get...... The overcast sky created very poor lighting conditions to shoot under...... I wished it was night time :D

400355513_9SCKV-XL.jpg

A firefighter overhauls the bell tower..... The tower which was under renovation at the time of the fire obviously suffered a slight set-back......

400355749_Z2emE-XL.jpg

I don't know what they were thinking but I bet it was something like "Better them then us" or "For once it paid to be second due!"......

400356034_3tP6Q-XL.jpg

Stretching a line for overhaul up to the bell tower.....

400356221_jr5qz-XL.jpg

Slowly charging the line......

400355240_CDBD3-XL.jpg

Tower #2 had the rear.....

yep...you're right...they sucked....... :lol:

The clarity and crispness is unmatched. Truly a master at what you do.