Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sr71

Canon or Nikon...cant decide

40 posts in this topic

Well Gents As Of Today I now own a Cannon XSi. This camera is awesome!! the lenses are great and yes the Costco bargain deal is sweet.

SR71 how has the camera been? I came close to buying one the other day but still can't pull the trigger.

SR71 how has the camera been? I came close to buying one the other day but still can't pull the trigger.

I'll let you know as soon as I steal it from him and take it out for a trial run!!

I have been through many cameras, and different brands. As for me, its personal preference, quality, ease of use, size, and cost. If I drop my camera in a puddle of water at a fire scene, I don't want to cry when I have to replace it. Running around the city, I use an over the shoulder bag. where I can carry my radios, essential items, and of course a camera (and a back up). I bought two Olympus SP-350's. Its small, has a big viewing screen, a hot shoe for a larger external flash, even more important, will take regular AA batteries. If I run out of batteries at a scene, I can purchase spare batteries anywhere. Everything is pretty much adjustable on the camera. 8 pixels and a large card. We have larger cameras in the office if need be, but the smaller cameras have worked fine. Its what works best for you. As for Canon and Nikon, they both make great cameras. Pro and cons to both.

The Camera is great!! it has a ton of features and has everything I wanted in a Camera....It is a great buy. My recommendation is to Buy this Camera its the best in its class.

I'll let you know as soon as I steal it from him and take it out for a trial run!!

O Roommate you don't have to steal....lol

Glad to see you are enjoying it.... Welcome to the addiction haha

The Camera is great!! it has a ton of features and has everything I wanted in a Camera....It is a great buy. My recommendation is to Buy this Camera its the best in its class.

Finally did it, purchased the Canon XSI with the EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens, 55-250mm f/4-5-5.6 EF IS lens, camera body armor and starting kit which has extra battery, bag and UV filter.

Got the camera and now it is time to go out and practice, that is if I can find the time. :blink:

Any tips on getting better scene/action shots!! especially at night, what seems to be the best setting for the night shots???

I swear by Nikon. Just don't like the way Canon's are made. I use the Nikon D80. highly recommend it. Deciding on buying a D90 myself, or possibly a D300. The 18-200mm lens is really nice and also suggest getting that. The more you take lenses off your camera, the more dust you get on the CCD. The 18-200mm enables you to keep 1 lens on the camera a good majority of the time [except for low light photography].