Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markmets415

Brandy's Night Club Fire - Amenia 1985

19 posts in this topic

Here are some shots I took of a fire at the Brandy's Night Club located on Route 343 near the CT. State Line, I believe it was 1985.

post-16297-1226277893.jpg

post-16297-1226277901.jpg

post-16297-1226277910.jpg

Edited by markmets415

A few more

post-16297-1226277988.jpg

post-16297-1226277997.jpg

post-16297-1226277980.jpg

Edited by markmets415

I used to go there back in the day three nights a week, oh what it was to be young!!!!! :P

Mark - was that the same place as Appetizers and Tickets - which incidentaly was the scene of a grand multi alarm fire in the 90's!

Mark - was that the same place as Appetizers and Tickets - which incidentaly was the scene of a grand multi alarm fire in the 90's!

No further East towards Sharon, after you pass Leedsville Road and go around the last sharp corner there sits the empty lot on the right, however Brandy's was under the same ownership as Tickets.

Edited by markmets415

Thanks for sharing photos !

The fire was in December, cold and icey and because of the remote area we had to shuttle water, as you can see by the pictures it was well involved on arrival.

I remember going by there on our way to Sharon Hospital. On Friday or Saturday nights it was mobbed because the Drinking age was 18 in NY but 21 in CT. I believe the fire occured right after NY raised the drinking age to 21.

Didn't i see you this morning by the looks of the coats maybe older then 1985

hey Mark any good pics of bog hollow inn fire I was on the inside between bar and the house

I remember going by there on our way to Sharon Hospital. On Friday or Saturday nights it was mobbed because the Drinking age was 18 in NY but 21 in CT. I believe the fire occured right after NY raised the drinking age to 21.

Yes it did, Also Joe it was 85 or 86, I only know this because I met Donna in 84 and we were supposed to go there on New Years Eve the following year. and yes i have some shot from the Bogs as well, my new avatar is a picture of the first line going in.

Edited by markmets415

Fire actually was 12/24/85.

I found some more pictures of this fire in my old albums and will add them.

I took these with a Minolta X-7a which I still have.

post-16297-1229283298.jpg

post-16297-1229283304.jpg

post-16297-1229283311.jpg

post-16297-1229283363.jpg

post-16297-1229283371.jpg

post-16297-1229283381.jpg

Mark, I just found these pics. They are great. I have never seen any pictures from that fire. Just heard old stories about it. My father talks about how they found cups of gasoline on the bar. (must have been before these pics were taken...lol)

Yeah it was going pretty good as you can see from the pictures, I never heard about the gas though. Feel free to copy them for your website if you would like or I can send them to you via email.

Thanks for sharing these vintage photos... I noticed a Maxim from Amenia, what's the vintage rig from Sharon/what other apparatus working that night? Thanks again for sharing!

-Joe DA BUFF

Thanks for sharing these vintage photos... I noticed a Maxim from Amenia, what's the vintage rig from Sharon/what other apparatus working that night? Thanks again for sharing!

-Joe DA BUFF

From my source it was Sharon Engine 3, which was an International/Contential with a front mount pump.