Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Bedford Engine 109-Where are they going to put it?

7 posts in this topic

I was looking at the Spy Shots of Bedford's new Engine 109, and was curious. Anyone know if its going to fit in their current firehouse, length or heightwise?

Looks good but where's the Scotchlite trim?

that could be a problem if it doesn't fit in the fire house now couldn't? :-k :-k :-k :-k :-k

I was at Excelsior on Thursday to pick up our engine and was looking and E-109. Carl was saying that the engine was buillt to fit into a 109" door. Seagrave did some nice engineering to make it fit. Instead of putting the fans and compressor for the a/c on the roof, they are mounted on the back wall of the cab below the roof line.

There is also a new engine for Nichols Ct. and I thought he said a tanker for Bedford Hills?

The reason eng 109 is so long is so it fits in the firehouse. No stripping yet because it just arrived here fron the factory.

Is Bedford also keeping the older Seagrave they have? I haven't shot it yet, so I hope so! If anyone from Bedford is on, let me know. I would like to set it up! thanks.

Mike

Is Bedford also keeping the older Seagrave they have?  I haven't shot it yet, so I hope so! If anyone from Bedford is on, let me know. I would like to set it up!  thanks.

Mike

I heard that Engine 211, the older Seagrave, was going to be disposed of once the new Engine 109 was placed into service.

That should be in about a month or so.....