Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efd184

Why would you even do this?

16 posts in this topic

Ok so all of us have done stupid things but why on earth would the driver of this rig move it with all those people on it? Even if i was given the order to move by an officer i would lock the brakes and have the police come and deal with the repercussions later. Any thoughts?

Domenick

wow ... i cant even think of anything else to say to that :blink:

wow ... i cant even think of anything else to say to that :blink:

Exactly what I was going to type, what can you add other than another :o WOW!

Even if there was no one on the rig i'm not sure if i would of moved the rig with the crowd that was around it!!!!!!

Edited by JHK3605

That is the greatest lapse in judgment I have ever seen! EVER!!

The truck was going to an AFA near the stadium when the fans came pouring out. Unfortunately the idiots once again were hindering the work of the PFD and they damaged the truck!!!! They broke out all the windows, ect. ect. ect. Worst of it was a "firefighter" (I use that term loosely with this idiot) started the problem! Here's the articles.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27653645/

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/355328.html

http://www.myfoxphilly.com/myfox/pages/New...mp;pageId=3.2.1

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Video-Phillies-F...phia-Blog-13233

http://ballhype.com/story/phillies_fans_ri..._flip_a_car_on/

Everything that is posted on YouTube is not what was described. These guys were trying to get out of there!

If ti had one, I would have laid on the Q a made all those idiots go deaf. It's what they deserve

I went and watched some of the many, many videos from this debacle. I must say, pardon my being blunt, but people are really, really, stupid.

That is all that needs to be said about that.

This video however, the "fans" really pissed me off as they tried to mess with the job this crew was doing.

Disgusting behavior.

It's one thing for fans to be really happy that your team won, but there is no excuse whatsoever when it comes down to civil disobedience and street violence, escalating into rioting.

I say to those punks who got their heads cracked, you deserved it.

They should have opened up a deuce and a half with a one inch bore and "cleaned the street"!

im not shocked by the idiot phillies fans. oooh maybe thats the bitter met fan in me coming out :angry:

I can't say that I have a thought either way. The driver is creeping along, the people poured onto their truck and they might have thought about their safety and getting out of there may have been going through their minds. Not many people ever have to deal with that so who knows what the thought process was. Also you notice that they finally get moving when they reach a certain point where there were police officers and the crowd thinned. The last thing I'd want to do is try to get the cops into that crowd, it could have made that situation go very badly. Mob mentality is very fragile, in most cases the thought is of containment not dispersal. And even though many are acting like morons, generally these crowds are just there to be there and out of the blue disperse quickly or move on. Its just that there are few that feel empowered by the mob and that's where some of the stupidity begins. Whether it was because their momma's didn't hug them enough, or they have short comings in anatomy or got picked on too much in high school or beer muscles is a matter of another debate we could take on.

But that looks like a matter of being literally screwed one way of the other. Stop and possibly get assaulted with no possibility of help coming in a time to assist or at all...lose potentinally a million dollar piece of equipment and the equipment on it, or move slow and take a beating also. Tough place to be in is all I'm saying. I don't think it was a lack of judgement, and by far if I did I wouldn't go as far as saying its the worse judgement I've ever seen either, not when I've seen people die because of it or studied firefighter deaths from it also. Lay on that Q and all it takes is one leader of a mob who takes indifference to it and several will stop the Q and air horns from sounding by ripping you out of that truck.

What do you expect? It is Philly after all.

Idiot fans that are acting stupid. Driver did what he needed to do. Kept making forward progress very slowly and force people out of the way.

Edited by jayhalsey

The people there were breaking out the windows on the truck, who knows what else they were capable of. I wouldn't just stop and hope they all left this big, shiny, flashy, truck alone that is sure to attract attention to drunken fans. They proceeded as safely as possible through unusual circumstances. This isn't like driving through a red light or not buckling up, this is something that's very hard to judge without being there yourself. At least that's how I see it.

Speed up so the ones climbing fall off and run the rest over is what I say.

If nothing else you'll guarantee THEY won't be climbing on any more fire trucks anytime soon.

Just kidding.... :lol:

Cogs

Philly fans.....big suprise here.

Where are the police??