Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

2008 Pierce Velocity Top Mount PUC

33 posts in this topic

Interesting vehicle Seth. I'd like to see that someday just to form a real opinion on ith though. What is mounted between the cab & the pump panel?

Interesting vehicle Seth. I'd like to see that someday just to form a real opinion on ith though. What is mounted between the cab & the pump panel?

Between the cab and pump panel is storage for a stokes and 2 backboards on the upper half and 2 removable pre-connect trays below that. thats how ours is spec'd anyway.

I can't argue with you really, Barry. I don't like top mount pump panels, because there is too much up and down, I just really like the vantage point, compact and easy operators panel, being out of the way of hoselines, mud, puddles, etc, and especially traffic.

Although it may not be suitable for everyone, I think there are features of the PUC that are great for some fire companies. Not all PUC's have the top mount panel. And, it flows 2 2.5" handlines and a deckgun pretty well from a low pressure hydrant. Also to note, it's a PTO pump which has it's benefits and it's drawbacks. It's also got a ton of compartment space and a short wheelbase.

not to mention (god hope it never happens but it does) an electric line