Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Stiloski's New Beast: Kenworth/Jerr-Dan 85 ton Steering 2nd Axle Wrecker

38 posts in this topic

I think JBE and Piranaha174 hit the nail on the head as to why it's posted here. Thanks guys.

As far as EXDC203, if you have an issue with what I post on here, you can PM me or email me at seth@emtbravo.com

No need to "hijack" threads with irrelevant comments.

Ouch! Looks like EXDC picked on the wrong guy to criticize. :lol: , From what I hear of the big fire in Pawling the other night, they could have used something like this as something must have gotten bogged down in mud. They called for a heavy wrecker from Hyatt's Garage with a 1 hour ETA. Never hurts to know what resources are available, even if they don't have hose and a siren (it IS red, though!) ;)

and its on here WHY ? :huh:

Because people like me love to come to the site and see pictures of trucks that can be seen in the hudson valley on scene and drool over them because we don't live there anymore!!

Edited by Mark Z

Just out of curiosity, what kind of permit/license/certs do you need to run something like this? It would seem as though you'd need nothing short of an outright crane operators license WITH a CDL?

But, wow.....very functional, and very slick!

Is that a maltese cross on the door or what?

Is that a maltese cross on the door or what?

http://www.stiloskis.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=144

Just out of curiosity, what kind of permit/license/certs do you need to run something like this? It would seem as though you'd need nothing short of an outright crane operators license WITH a CDL?

Wreckmaster & TRAA certifications are the industry standards to operate this vehicle, as well as training from the manufacturer. In addition to a Class A CDL.

Emergency Services in the lower Hudson Valley are very fortunate to have a company like Stiloski's, as a resource with specialized equipment.

In a somewhat related topic, my recent trip to the SPAAMFAA Convention in Pomona, Ca. found this unique 1967 Crown Firecoach/Holmes850 wrecker.

Formerly operated by the Los Angeles City Fire Department as Heavy Utility 6, it has been restored and is privately owned.

Photos by Howard Peiffer

post-4754-1237771549.jpg

post-4754-1237771592.jpg

Pretty impressive, I would love to see it in operation.

LAFD has a heavy wrecker in their fleet, Rescue 56 I believe.